Lead Design Verification & Validation Engineer
Step 1 of 2
Job Title: Lead Design Verification & Validation Engineer
Location: Hamble Southampton
Salary: £45k plus Excellent Benefits
In this role you work as part of an Integrated Product Development Team, collating component and system level verification and validation evidence in order to demonstrate compliance to customer requirements. You will develop and manage verification and validation plans for new designs throughout the product lifecycle. You will be responsibility for reporting key performance indicators associated with the plan to senior management. You will be engaged in hands on design verification work within a state of the art aircraft development program.
• Interrogation of the requirements documentation to define the inputs to the verification and validation plan.
• Identification, with input from the team the key verification and validation activities required to generate
Qualification and Certification compliance evidence.
• Generate, with input from the team a structured verification and validation plan to support produce qualification and certification.
• Management of Certification and Qualification tests. Identification and management of qualification test hardware.
• Co-ordination of verification and test plans with the Engineering Project Managers and Programme Team.
• Lead the process within the team to identify and document the costs and task durations within the plan.
• Generation of key verification and validation documentation, including compliance statements, compliance reports and test reports.
• Governance of verification and validation deliverables, i.e. progress meetings, generation of metrics.
• Co-ordination of support from/to other departments within the Integrated Product Development Team to support the execution of the structured verification and Validation plan.
• Prepare and present verification and validation strategy and compliance data at internal / external design reviews.
• Liaison with the Customer and external suppliers.
• Support on-going continuous improvement initiatives and improvement of design verification and test processes.
• Degree educated in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
• Experience of working in a verification and validation role previously.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent team working skills combined with strong communication skills.
• Understanding and interest in design verification criteria, strategies and methods.
• Evidence of good report writing skills.
• The ability to work in a focused environment, whilst maintaining engineering integrity.
• Self-motivated individual, able to work from own initiative.
• Experience of one or more of the following:
• Verification and validation/Qualification testing.
• Requirement analysis and flowdown.
• Constructing and managing a structured verification plan.
• Writing compliance reports.
• Knowledge of industry standards eg. CS-25, FAR etc.
Please email a copy of your most recent to CV to email@example.com or call Mr Thomas Batt on 01202 596363 for further information.