Are you a Quality Assurance Engineer with Radar experience looking for a progressive role in a satellite start-up company that has received $65m financing to date? Do you want to work with a team of experts from 25 countries across the world in building a satellite constellation? Do you want to be the Team Leader of Quality in a company that is innovative, driven and that strive for excellence in everything that they do? Our client our looking for this candidate to be based in Finland.
• Oversee and support Quality throughout the life cycle of a satellite project at unit, subsystem and system level, helping to reduce defects on delivered items and products
• Draft QA policies and procedures
• Interpret and implement quality assurance processes as well as evaluate adequacy of quality assurance standards. Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
• Define quality process and standards towards supplied third-party items
• Define overall verification strategy applying multiple approaches: analysis, testing, simulation, inspection. Plan, conduct and monitor system-level testing campaigns during integration, pre-shipment, and at launch site.
• Lead a small group of embedded testers, who will execute candidates plan
• Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
• Issue, investigate and track non-conformances and deviations from procedures
• Collect and compile statistical quality data and metrics. Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
• Prepare periodic reports to communicate outcomes of QA activities
• Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions to design teams
• Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
• M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent area of focus, or B.Sc. with experience.
• +5 years of experience working in QA for relevant LEO and/or GEO missions that have actually flown, where the candidate has been involved in quality assurance of flight hardware, in the unit, subsystem and/or system level
Preferred skills & experience:
• A Systems Thinker, looks at the big picture, with a top-down approach
• Has exposure to embedded systems
• Has knowledge of satellite architectures: power system, harnessing, communication interfaces, mechanical structures, as well as support equipment (MGSE and EGSE)
• Has some exposure to Software, mostly Python and C
• A job that matters
• Unique experience and opportunity in the new-space industry
• Extraordinary possibility for self-development, research time, ability to attend training, conferences or certification schemes
• Independent main role with a supportive and diverse work environment, many who have moved to Finland just to join our client
• Flexible working hours
If this position is something of interest, please send through your CV and call 01202 596366 to speak to Eugene.
- Job Type:
- Competitive Salary Offered
- Job Ref:
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of a Marketing Team for state-of-the-art technology?
Are you experienced with marketing and event campaigns and can confidently interact with senior stakeholders?
Support the on-going go to market plan
◦Develop and execute specific marketing campaigns to support strategically important projects as part of the marketing plan. This will include post-event capture and return on investment consideration.
◦Manage stakeholders and develop a consistent narrative to ensure a coherent story is presented.
◦Provide business intelligence and market analysis as a feed in to Strategy.
◦Develop specific messaging and material to ensure the customer understands the business development or creation activity being undertaken.
◦Implement the events and exhibition plan including developing propositions.
◦Assisting of implementation of strategic marketing campaigns which are driven by head of marketing.
◦Creating marketing material (digital and print) focused on applications and use case.
◦In addition to relationship with sales, the role will require engagement with other functions including communications, engineering and UAS solutions team.
◦Must be able to confidently interact with senior stakeholders.
◦Experience with marketing and event campaigns.
◦Experience in relevant field with at least 2 years.
- Job Type:
- £200 per day
- Job Ref:
KDC are sourcing a Senior FPGA Engineer for a contract role based in Newport due to a requirement for additional FPGA Engineers within a Cybersecurity development team. Due to the nature of the work the right candidate will need to be SC cleared and a British National with no dual nationalities.
There will be infrequent requirements for business travel within the UK.
·Must have experience of FPGA design and implementation for secure communications equipment or equivalent.
·Must have excellent FPGA development process knowledge.
·Must be an experienced engineer, fully versed in design methodologies for their field able to work on their own but providing regular reporting.
·Must have recent design experience of several of the following device families:
·Must have recent experience of using several of the following tools/development environments:
oAltera Quartus II
oMentor HDL Designer
oMicroSemi Libero IDE
oMicroSemi Libero SoC
·Must be proficient in the use of VHDL
·Must be proficient in the use of at least one simulation tool.
·Must be proficient in the use of at least one FPGA synthesis tool.
·Must have a good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation.
·Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communication skills.
·Must have good team working skills.
·Experience of FPGA development for cryptographic systems using UK approved cryptographic design methodologies.
·Degree level (or equivalent) in an Engineering / IT discipline.
- Job Type:
- £350 - £400 per day
- Job Ref:
KDC are working closely with an award-winning simulation company based in Bournemouth that develop bespoke Air Traffic Control systems and training systems for the aviation industry.
I am currently seeking an engineer who will be responsible for the production of their next-generation of pilot training simulators. You will be liaising with multiple departments within the business, have a strong input on the detailed design of the display systems, and manage the production for their leading projection systems.
As an international company you will have the opportunity to travel worldwide with the team to some interesting and exotic areas.
• Hold an HND in mechanical engineering or similar
• Demonstrate leadership ability to manage suppliers and sub-contractors
• Experience in compiling BOMs
• Experience or understanding of a CAD package
• Shows strong attention to detail and can work to strict deadlines within a multidisciplined team.
• Willing to travel
Any prior experience with simulators or audio visuals would be a bonus!
- Job Type:
- In line with experience
- Job Ref:
Is 2019 the year you want to take the next step in your career? Do you want to work for one of the world leaders in hybrid aircraft? If so, we may have the right opportunity for you.
Our UK based client is looking for a Head of Structures to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a company that combine lighter-than-air technology with the best of aeroplanes and helicopters to bring brand new capabilities to aircraft.
The Head of Structures will have direct authority over the structural design team and functional authority over consultants, sub-contractors and personnel from other design teams assigned to tasks under their control. They will be experienced in leadership and management of technical development of product across the span of engineering disciplines throughout the lifecycle and competent in the management of budgetary and schedule aspects of the product alongside specification.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
·Progressing the design and development of all rigid airframe structures for hybrid air vehicles and special projects including all rigid structures both of composite and metallic construction.
·Leading the certification of the vehicle structure with EASA or military authorities. Please note, the successful candidate will be a formal signatory for the company under EASA/CAA regulation.
·Acting as the company's CVE on primary flight structures and stress-related activities.
·Providing specialist support for technical and managerial matters pertaining to the structural design teams and stress engineers and providing advice to all other teams.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience with them:
·Minimum Aeronautical degree or equivalent general engineering qualification and/or substantial time served in a similar role
·Composite and metallic structure experience in an aerospace or similar high technology environment spanning concept design through to production and reliable operation in service.
·Strong understanding of EASA certification procedures
·Experience in managing projects to time, quality and costs constraints is required
For more information please call 01202596370
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
loading more jobs