KDC are working closely with a Design Organisation based in the South West looking to add a Design Assurance Manager to their team.
Working in a close knit environment, you will be responsible for administering the companies design assurance system. You will ensure the efficiency of the design assurance system through the Independent Monitoring System, through an independent auditing and reporting system, to monitor the continued compliance and effectiveness of the entire Design Organisation and its processes with the requirements of EASA Part 21.
The post of Design Assurance Manager within the Design Organisation is subject to an EASA Form 4 application, which is submitted to the Agency in order that it may be reviewed and verified by the EASA DOA Team Leader that the post holder has the relevant knowledge and satisfactory experience to fulfil the role. This approval process will include an interview with the companies DOA Team Leader at EASA.
• Completed suitable education/training of ISO 9001 and EASA Part 21 Subpart J auditing processes. An understanding of UK CAA A8-21 and UK MAA DAOS requirements would also be an advantage.
• Minimum 2 years auditing experience within previous position to monitor compliance with the above requirements, or an approved EASA Form 4 Holder in a previous role.
• A full understanding of the regulatory requirements of EASA Part 21 Subpart J for Design Assurance.
• Be of a character that displays a thorough methodical approach and shows attention to detail.
• Maintain an un-compromised position towards auditing compliance of process and procedures to the requirements of the company's EASA and DAOS Scopes of Approval.
• Be acceptable to the regulatory authority (e.g. previous EASA Form 4 holder).
• A minimum of five years' experience within a design assurance role.
• Computer literate (conversant with MS Office software such as Word or Excel, and AutoCAD computer aided design software), and familiar with EASA, CAA and FAA websites.
For more information on this role click apply!
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Are you a Materials or Process Engineer looking for a progressive role in a global company? Do you have experience in the space sector providing materials, mechanical parts and processes engineering support to the various business unit projects? Assuring the quality of materials and processes used in our clients product, you would be reporting inot the site Materials Engineering Manager. KDC are working on this position that could offer you a challenging 6 month contract where you would be motivated by working on intricate projects and within a complex manufacturing plant.
• Act as the responsible materials engineer for one or more project or product teams, acting as the single contact point for the resolution of all materials and processes issues.
• To provide a support as a technical authority for material and process related qualifications, approvals and any process related issues/non-conformances to internal and external customers alike.
• To instigate and manage to completion materials and processes selection, development, evaluation and qualification programmes.
• To review and approve, where necessary, supplier or subcontractor materials and processes documentation.
• Materials and processes knowledge in relevant fields such as: electronics technology, soldering and SMT, micro-joining techniques, printed circuit boards, welding, metal finishing, metallurgy, paints, coatings and adhesives. Good working knowledge of failure analysis techniques.
• Qualified to degree level.
• Experience of working in a controlled, high technology environment, ideally Aerospace or Defence (minimum of 3 - 5 years).
The contract length is 6 months and paying between £25p/h - £28p/h.
If the position sounds of interest, please send your CV's through and call Eugene on 01202 596366.
- Job Type:
- £25 - £28 per hour
- Job Ref:
Are you a mechanical design engineer searching for your next contract role?
Would you like the opportunity to be involved with the development and production of a cutting edge creation that could potentially solve real life problems?
KDC are currently working closely with a client who are looking for a mechanical design engineer to join the structural optimization team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to hone their skills in the following areas:
·Using Catia CAD software for the design of the new product
·Experience of working with composites
·Good understanding of composite manufacturing techniques
·Development of secondary structures
·Experience in the design of structural joints
·Understanding of tooling processes
·10 years of experience working with composites
·Aerospace and Defence experience
·Catia experience or similar
Keywords: aerospace, defence, mechanical, design, production, optimization, Catia, CAD, composite, manufacturing, structural joints, tooling
- Job Type:
- £28 - £33 per hour
- Job Ref:
Do you have a background in environmental qualification? Then this could be for you!
KDC are currently looking for a number of Development Engineers to support the environmental qualification of various aerospace products. These systems require many leading edge technologies to meet demanding performance and safety requirements; including: precision hydraulic and fuel systems, motor drive technologies, composite braking and actuation, avionic control systems incorporating complex electronic hardware, software and system control, monitoring and indication, aerodynamic metallic and composite structures.
The majority of the work will be carried out at external test facilities used by the client. Occasional overseas (infrequent) travel may be required.
Skills & Experience
Qualifications and experience for Development Engineers will ideally include:
• Relevant degree or equivalent
• Experience of requirements management tools (DOORS, CRADLE etc.)
• Knowledge of environmental standards (RTCA DO160, MIL-STD-810 etc.)
• Experience of performing environmental and functional testing
• Experience of development engineering activities and understanding of product lifecycles.
They should have worked in the Aerospace test environment with particular experience working testing products.
Candidates must have Environmental Test experience within an Aerospace arena with RTCA DO160 & MIL-STD-810 standards and be able to document Quality Test Plans and Quality Test Results.
Candidates should have created / run test procedures in at least 7 of the following test scenarios:
Temperature, Altitude, Temperature Variation, Humidity, Operational Shock & Crash safety, Vibration, Explosion proof, Water proof, Fluids susceptibility, Sand & Dust, Fungus Resistance, Salt & Fog, Icing, ESD & Fire / Flammability.
The flexible working will only apply to Contractors whose permanent residential address is in excess of 60 miles from the client.
For more information please click apply!
- Job Type:
- Wimborne Minster
- Job Ref:
Are you an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer searching for an exciting opportunity?
Are you looking to work in an expatriate position on ammunitions systems development earning a tax free salary?
KDC are currently working with an organisation in the UAE who Lead all Aerospace, Defence and Munitions capabilities for the region. This particular company is one of the primary munitions manufacturers in the GCC, using only high quality technologies to develop products to international standards. They work on a range of munitions for infantry and artillery as well as aircraft bombs; they work full life cycle from design through manufacturing, assembling and testing on these munitions.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for providing accurate CAD models and drawings for mechanical components and systems as well as providing direct support to systems engineers.
To give you an idea of the scope please see the key responsibilities listed below:
- Interpret and compile technical designs and drawings of a high standard, required for certification to ISO 9001
- Compile 2D and 3D CAD models for use in simulation software such as ANSYS Autodyne
- Ensure that the details and accuracy of the drawings are technically correct and in accordance with selected Munitions drawing standard
- Submit approved customer drawings on time as per the project schedule deadlines
- Manage and perform mechanical tests and characterisations on components and material
On top of a challenging and exciting position, this expat opportunity is offering a very competitive Tax Free salary and a very inclusive benefits package.
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this opportunity and the prospect of moving to the UAE; please get in touch with Fraser Dawson at KDC Resource for a confidential chat.
- Job Type:
- Abu Dhabi
- In line with experience
- Job Ref:
loading more jobs