Senior Programme Coordinator
An exciting position has arisen for a well organised and diligent individual with great interpersonal skills to support the Programme Management team in the development of a robust PMO function to support the development of an exciting new product from prototype into production.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain the experience to further their career towards Project Manager and Programme Management.
We are looking for someone with experience supporting, administering and/or managing product development projects and has a sound understanding of project management methods, tools and practices.
Ideally you will come from an Engineering background (e.g. Aerospace and Automotive) and have the ability to adapt to change within a programme.
You will have intermediate to advanced skills in MS Project and MS Office (especially Excel), along with strong administrative skills with excellent attention to detail.
You will be accountable for:
• Generating project status reports and dashboards
• Capturing and analysing project metrics from both internal and external project members
• Maintaining schedules (MS Project)
• Maintaining project tools - action trackers, minutes of meetings library etc.
• Supporting programme processes (Risk Management, Change Management, etc)
• Following up on actions
• Coordinating programme communications
• Maintaining the Programme Management Plan (organisational charts, cost tables, etc.)
• Contributing to Programme Management process & policy best practices.
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Our global client is looking for a production planner to join them in their goal of providing Market-leading products and services for every aspect of an aircraft's interior.
Your role within the business would be to introduce new products from the design stage into manufacturing for the first time and optimise the repeatable process for continued manufacturing in future.
This position would be fantastic for someone with strong problem-solving skills, experience with technical drawings and specifications, and the ability to deal with problems as they arise and adapt the manufacturing process to overcome these issues.
In order to do this, you would:
• Create bill of materials for new products, provide manufacturing information sheets and manufacturing specification data (in accordance with company standards)
• Develop the most cost and time effective solutions while maintaining design quality and best manufacturing practices
• Define suitable methods of manufacture and identify and implement required tooling and equipment
• Create test specifications and manufacture of composite test samples & rework of current test parts.
• Understand the industrial process to make informed Buy or make decisions.
• Reduce waste as much as possible while maintaining quality.
• Train employees on new process, applications, and manufacturing specification data.
We're looking for someone with an understanding of:
• Technical drawings, specifications and related documentation
• A grasp of Composites, systems and processes to be able to conduct your duties
• Strong communication skills, be mathematically competent and be capable of using computers and software such as MRP (Infor Evolution), MS Office (Excel) and various CAD viewing.
• Maintain a technical interface and offer support and feedback between the Design, Programmes, Production, Purchasing and Quality departments
• Lean practices to minimise works order and production stages, material usage etc.
• Continuous manufacturing process improvement with a strong problem-solving ability.
Don't hesitate to apply!
Following your application we can provide more details.
Keywords: Production, Planner, Manufacturing, Engineering, Aerospace, Composites, Optimisation, Lean
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Our global client based in the South West is looking for a Cost Estimator Manufacturing to join their costing team. This is an opportunity for an estimator to work closely with the current team to supply estimates in support of the Brexit emergency support plan.
As part of the UK costing team, you will be responsible for building cost estimates. The focus will be mainly on Wing for Recurring cost activities and Non-Recurring activities for all current and future programmes.
The main activities will include:
• Produce cost estimates for Wing Work packages against a set of criteria and assumptions, using and developing a variety of costing methodologies, tools and processes
• Be accountable for the integrity and consistency of the cost estimates
• Support the procurement negotiations
After a first training period, the job holder will be autonomous in estimating and representing FCCAW in front of procurement and suppliers and the Brexit team. As well as using personal experience to estimate costs, the role will require analysis and understanding of previously captured costing data and how those metrics can be applied in the future costing activities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
• Good product knowledge
• Knowledge of Jigs and Tools used for Wing manufacture
• Knowledge of design and manufacturing processes for Wing WP
• IT - Knowledge of design tools
• IT - Knowledge of Production and design tools PDM-link, SAP)
• Cost estimate experience is an advantage, but training will be given
• Project management experience would be an advantage
Please note, you must have the right to work in the EU.
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Seeking Manufacturing Engineer for World Leading Manufacturer of Advanced Composite Structures
You come from an engineering or manufacturing background and have specific experience with composite and polymer materials. You'll be comfortable with 3D model based definition (ideally CATIA V5) and will have strong problem solving capabilities.
Degree qualified (or with equivalent training) you will be able to confidently specify material requirements, define suitable methods of manufacture and implement tooling and equipment.
About the Role
This is a permanent role. You'll be working in both the factory and the office and travel requirements are minimal. Whilst you will report to the ENGINEERING MANAGER, you'll be trusted to carry out a range of manufacturing tasks autonomously. The role also requires you to manage technical communications with customers and vendors.
About the Company
The company is a world leading manufacturer of advanced composite structures for the aerospace industry and is successful and visible on the international stage. They are a leading supplier and have experience in supporting the world's most prestigious aerospace programs. The office is nestled in the rolling country hills of Somerset with dramatic coastlines, shopping and other amenities within easy reach.
I want to hear from you. Click apply now!
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Senior Avionics Systems Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join our global client as a senior avionics systems engineer. Our client is the producer of one of the most successful civil aircraft ever manufactured in the UK.
With over 50 years of experience continuously producing aircraft, our client wants you to provide technical support for the Military Technical Support Service contract in the area of avionics systems responsibility.
Training is offered (as appropriate) to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Your main tasks:
• To ensure compliance with the FWMAS contract for Technical Support Service (SPMAP/001) to maximise performance on behalf of BN Defence.
• Act as a Senior Engineer and a CVE to provide guidance and assistance to the Military TSS team.
• Act as a Board and Design signature in an appropriate discipline.
• To provide technical direction to the Mil TSS Team to obtain responses in a timely manner to any Technical Query (TQ) from FWMAS; in addition, provide signature to TQ response for Avionics Queries.
• Review each UFRs received from FWMAS for acceptability and whether additional design data is required. If civil and/or military design data is required, then do not proceed with UFR and submit Task request to MoD. If UFR is acceptable and the response can be based upon existing civil design and where appropriate existing military design, then promulgate the UFR to the Mil TSS Technical Publication team for prosecution.
• Liaise with BNA Design to ensure that the military design data set does not diverge from the civil aircraft standard, unless agreed in writing from BNA Design
• Review and plan for incentivised' Tasks to ensure compliance with the output date. In particular, providing direction and review of core' team output.
• Degree / HND / HNC in related engineering subject
• 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A* - C
• Aerospace Design office and avionics design
• Experience in dealing with MoD including MAA
• Experience dealing with CAA / EASA
• Shop floor / manufacturing
Benefits of the role include 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), a contributory pension scheme, Eligibility to join the healthcare system (post-probation period) and free parking.
Don't hesitate to apply! We can run through some more details about the role after receiving your application.
Keywords: Systems, Engineer, Senior, Avionics, Training, Defence, MOD, Aerospace
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
loading more jobs