Are you a Planning Engineer looking to secure your next role? If so, we may have the right opportunity for you.
Our global client is looking for a Senior Planning Engineer to join their company on a contract basis.
This company specialize in the design and manufacture of advanced satellites and systems for telecommunications and navigation programmes.
Within the group discipline Planning and Scheduling department, the post holder is responsible and accountable for the project scheduling preparation and reporting of one or several programs of earth Observation and Science Space projects, including supporting the Project Management's representation to senior internal management and external customers as needed.
The role will hold the following responsibilities:
• Define the schedule tree
• Collecting schedule information
• Create, sequence with logical relationships
• Develop the original baseline schedule
• Provide master schedule and trend charts for the internal monthly progress report
• Perform the schedule variance analysis
Successful candidates should hold the following experience:
• Comprehensive knowledge of satellite or other highly skilled engineering processes.
*Please note, candidates need to be EU citizens*
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Ferchau UK require an F&DT Engineer to join their team based in Bristol in support of our Clients requirements.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake F&DT analysis, as required, under the direction of the Team Lead. A collaborative and right first time attitude together with a strong team ethic is expected.
Key experiences and skills:
·Demonstrate understanding of standard Airbus F&DT analysis methods
·Patran/Nastran post processing
·F&DT stress dossiers compilation
·Ability to work unsupervised
·Ability to integrate CAD models
·Hyperworks post processing, previous checking and/or approval experience, customer integration
If you would like some more information please call 01202596370
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Are you an IT or Aerospace Engineering graduate with experience of programming languages looking to start an exciting new career?
KDC is working with a global aerospace partner to source Systems Integration Engineers of all levels of experience to develop, integrate and test avionic tactical and mission software components for simulators used in professional training in the aeronautical field. You'll be given the chance to get involved with exciting new projects and gain experience working for high-profile aerospace customers
• Knowledge a language such as C/C++/C#/Matlab/Simulink
• Degree in IT/Aerospace Engineering degree
• Knowledge of software lifecycle management
• Ability to gain UK MoD SC clearance
To see if this is opportunity could represent the next step in your career, please click apply!
- Job Type:
- £25000 - £40000 per annum
- Job Ref:
KDC Resource are working with a leading OEM within the Aerospace industry who are seeking a LEAN Change Agent to primarily support & report to the Business Operating System Leader in the fulfilment of the operating system / LEAN implementation plan for the business area in order to achieve the departmental targets in line with SQCDP.
This is a contract role of six months with the view to be ongoing.
It is a great opportunity to work for innovative organisation and be involved in exciting projects based in Broughton!
The OS / LEAN Change agent will support the OS Leader in implementing the OS / LEAN strategy, this will include the business area Value Stream Map and the improvement plans.
The successful candidate will have the ability, respect and resilience to be able to drive and implement change within a multi-skilled team, even when the business area is faced with the demanding & challenges of today.
To be a member of the central OS / LEAN team providing expert knowledge and guidance on the process of transforming the specific area value stream.
Successful candidates should have a high level of technical expertise in OS / Lean in order to deploy / coach on all OS / LEAN bricks with a particular focus on PSE.
Ability to interface and influence people at all levels, excellent communication skills, high level of team working, adherence to standards, highly analytical coupled with practical skills, able to apply flexibility, imagination and creativity to problem solving with drive and enthusiasm.
·Provide support in establishing the vision and business route map to deliver a sustainable performance improvement throughout the business unit.
·Guide and coach the management teams in the application of the OS / Lean principles and techniques, to transform their business area.
·Guide and coach business transformation teams in the delivery of a robust planned transformation within their business unit.
·Provide the transfer knowledge of the OS / LEAN principles to the transformation teams, through demonstration and training, to enable sustained stand-alone' improvement within the business unit.
·Accountable for the fulfilment of the OS / LEAN implementation & vision for the business area, in order to achieve the departments planned savings (UCoP/UCoS /EBIT/Cash).
·Produces the detailed Route Map to monitor project progress, and is required to present risks / opportunities key stakeholders at various project review forums (e.g. CIM / Site PIM Review)
·Ability to Communicate progress of the business area against the OS savings and the OS Target Conditions
·Be part of a multi-skilled team of change implementers responsible for the creation and implementation of the business area Value Stream Maps and improvement plan.
·Manages improvement projects (G2 / G5 / G9) and completes the project dossiers to the requirements of the Plant PMO. Ensuring savings benefits are realised through process confirmation.
·Provides Kaizan facilitation and coaching to the Operational teams at all levels to develop and implement OS and continuous improvement roadmaps across the business area
·Ensures through Process Confirmation and structured feedback that the OS / LEAN maturity standards are applied throughout the business area.
·Drive DOVC vision & mission, lead by example for lean implementation and drive business training & development to ensure stability for lean improvements
Key Operational Challenges
·Supporting the engagement of DO Improvement Project Leaders and the monitoring of savings/improvements
·Providing general project support and coordination using DOVC standards to ensure a successful project deployment
·Encouraging and promote awareness of OS / LEAN philosophy in the business
·Implement projects and OS deliverables and ability to report these back to the OS leader
·Support cross functional teams with knowledge & support for project deliverables
·Ability to process map operations or any tasks
·Local OS team has identified poly- poly scores and continues on the training & development in line with OS training strategy and minimum scores matrix
·Manage P-level change agent objectives and work allocation
·Deputise for the OS leader when required
·Drive team performance daily to achieve planned targets
·Install clear governance and structure to all objectives
·Focus on waste removal and efficiency is key in this role + leading by example
·Part of a team for improvement activities
·Excellent Project mgmt. skills and have the ability to act autonomously within delivering projects
·Relevant Business Management Qualification
·Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
·Excellent communicator (both written and oral) with strong influencing skills at all levels i.e. HOO, MM`s & Heads of Functions
·Customer focus and the ability to integrate well within the business to understand business issues
- Job Type:
- £30 per hour
- Job Ref:
Are you a Project Manager with EASA Part 21 and Part 145 experience?
KDC are working with an innovative aviation company who provide leading edge support to the emergency services, including police, air ambulance and other public & private sector service providers.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for leading and managing primarily modifications projects from design through to aircraft delivery and start of operations, but also including improvement projects in other areas of the company.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop and manage projects ensuring delivery to agreed time scales and budgets. This covers, amongst others, the Part 21J/G, Part 145, AOC and ATO activities as required by the project.
• Assist the managing director in all aspects of project and risk management.
• Develop and maintain a detailed schedule appropriate for the scale of the project.
• Develop a resource plan (man-power, tooling, facilities) and coordinate with the management of the departments involved in the project to ensure that budgeted project resources are available and assigned in line with the resource plan.
• Ensure that the project requirements are implemented to scheduled milestones.
• Work closely with the commercial, design, maintenance and supply chain teams to ensure that changes are introduced in a controlled fashion and that risks emerging from contract change are managed.
• Maintain a project risk register and a risk review process to define and initiate risk mitigation actions.
• Reporting & administration
• Establish and manage key performance metrics and reporting measures for operational, project and risk management activities related to the projects.
Required skills & experience:
• Good technical understanding supported by a relevant degree, HNC or equivalent aerospace experience.
• Good practical understanding of aviation legislation with regards to modification and maintenance projects (EASA Part 21 and Part 145).
• Experience of the development and implementation of project, programme and risk management systems and reporting for aircraft modification projects (preferably civil avionics modifications).
• Experience of leading and working within multi-disciplined teams.
• Fully competent with the full suite of MS Office including MS Project or industry standard planning tool.
- Job Type:
- In line with experience
- Job Ref:
loading more jobs