As a member of the Engineering Leadership team and Functional Discipline Head for delivery of a capability, this position is for an engineering professional who has demonstrated domain expertise in the field of Systems Engineering and Design Verification.
The position is accountable to the Business Unit (BU) VP Engineering and responsible for the implementation of engineering strategy for people, tools and processes in the given discipline. The role is responsible for providing guidance and oversight to multiple teams working on numerous products progressing through the Systems Design Lifecycle.
The role also provides mentoring and coaching of staff, and sharing of expertise to the broader technical community across the BU including acting as a Design Review Chair/Assessor. The role will lead discipline excellence through processes and continuous improvement to improve the performance, capability and competencies of the discipline.
As a Development Engineer Director your main responsibilities will involve:
- Lead and manage the functional excellence for the Systems Engineering and Design Verification discipline including: technical leadership; governance; quality of output; recruitment, performance management; professional development; competence; capability; reporting; budgets and KPIs for the discipline engineering team
- Provide domain Subject Matter Expertise (Mechanical, Fluids, Avionics & Electrical) input into Integrated Project Teams and Product Development Teams
- Own and action a functional People Plan to address, Talent, Recruitment, Succession
As a Development Engineering Director your skills, qualifications and competencies will ideally include:
• Deep discipline domain knowledge, with experience in the application of the discipline to the entire design life cycle from inception to delivery
• Experience in managing a discipline engineering team with excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate progressive change in processes, practices and measures of performance
• Degree in engineering (or demonstrated expertise/domain knowledge)
• Understanding and experience of the practical implementation of systems engineering processes including: ARP4754 & ISO15288
• A solid understanding and significant hands on' experience of environmental, functional and performance qualification & certification aspects of aerospace equipment & systems.
For more information on this role, click apply!