|Job Title:||Eplan Engineer|
|Salary:||£0 - £50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Abi Hart|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2018 13:11|
KDC are working with a high-tech maritime organisation who are seeking an experienced EPLAN Engineer to join their team in Dorset on an initial 6 month contract. This is an exciting and challenging role, giving you the opportunity to grow and develop your knowledge and skills within the maritime sector.
Key Challenges & Accountabilities:
• Continue development of EPAN electrical database
• Provide local EPLAN training support / guidance
• Produce ELPAN drawings to industry standard
• Work on a project from design stage to final commissioning of the new system within the terms of the local Engineering Design Procedure and within the stated parameters of the work package agreement.
• Ensure that an industry standard electrical drawing standard is adopted
• Estimating time and resources and eventually cost, to the customer to produce the required drawings
• Planning and determining milestones to ensure project is completed within the timescales set.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Personal Qualities:
• HNC/HND or Honours Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
• Proven record and Electrical / Electronic design using EPLAN
• Computer literate, experienced in the use of Microsoft Office products
• Experience of PRO PANEL would be an advantage
• Good knowledge of appropriate drawing and defence standards
• Good understanding of Design Assurance as defined in the electrical / electronic design process
• Knowledge of design for EMC is desirable but not essential
• Good communication (both written and aural) skills;
• Knowledge of Health & Safety, Environment and Quality policies and procedures
• Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and efficiency
• Discussing and solving complex problems with sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
• Produce a design data pack, making sure that the item can be made again reliably and that it will perform consistently within the user requirement specification
• Considering the implications of issues such as cost and time constraints
• Working with other professionals, within and outside the Mechatronics Department.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's