Head of Stress and Weights Department
|Job Title:||Head of Stress and Weights Department|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||July 24, 2018 10:00|
Our client is looking for a Head of Stress and Weights Department to join their company on a contract basis.
This will be a hands on role leading the department including taking responsibility for managing and developing a small team of engineers (which will increase in size as the company grows). To ensure cost effective aircraft stress analysis on company vehicles from concept through to final structure certification, taking overall technical responsibility for the Stress and Weights domain.
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Managing and growing the Stress and Weight Department, including line management responsibility for a small team of engineers at varying stages of development.
• Resource and workload planning
• Identifying further development and improvement of the stress analysis process
• Acting as a CVE for primary structures of all the company's products
Candidates should have the following skills and experience:
• It is highly desirable that you have had exposure to processes across the product lifecycle from concept through to production.
• In-depth knowledge of stress analysis techniques and good knowledge of airworthiness requirements.
• At least 10 years senior level experience in the aerospace industry working on composite and metallic components or structures.
• A good working knowledge and experience of application of classical stress engineering methods
• A strong working knowledge of Ansys, Nastran, Patran, MathCAD etc.
If you would like some more information please call 01202596370
*Please notes candidates must have a right to work in the EU.*
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's