Interiors Group Lead
|Job Title:||Interiors Group Lead|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Rose|
|Job Published:||August 31, 2018 14:22|
KDC are currently looking for experienced Interiors Group Lead to lead the Interiors team in Seattle.
Scope of Work:
• Lead a team of 50+ Interiors Engineers and Certification specialist to navigate through the Design, Test and Certification process for aircraft.
• Promote and ensure personnel performance from the Seattle Office, while influencing the Nagoya Team performance where practical.
• Manage team objectives and Goal setting, and adopt and support company Performance Measurement tools when available.
• Promote and ensure team integration in Seattle office and with other IPT's.
• Drive and promote Integration activities between Nagoya and Seattle teams.
• Remove roadblocks and provide solutions to both technical and managerial challenges.
• Ensure company processes are followed. Champion tool and process improvements to increase team efficiency where necessary.
• Support task prioritization and achieving deliverables. Provide adequate distribution of workload to ensure projects are completed timely.
• Communicate and Escalate to Seattle/Nagoya Leadership as appropriate.
• Balance and Identify Resource gaps to enable on time delivery of aircraft Deliverable's. Support and drive resource gap closure.
• Support reporting key metrics to management and Program Managers to ensure correct visibility is given to key issues
Provide Technical direction to the Team to enable development and finalize design, compliant to all applicable requirements. This activity includes, but not limited to:
• Evaluating the current aircraft design, with respect to compliance to the Interiors commodities and related airworthiness regulations of JCAB, FAA and EASA.
• Conduct design review of interior components,
• Coordinate with system suppliers for the design, certification, and development schedule.
• Create and/or review Qualification test plans for Interiors Commodities.
• Review Certification plan for Interiors Commodities,
• Managing schedule of design and certification activities for Interior Commodities, with related personnel.
Min 15 years Engineering Experience with at least 10years in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry, with high preference for Commercial Aircraft Cabin Interiors.
Equipment Qualification and Cabin Certification experience mandatory.
Demonstrated people leadership experience, managing teams of 50+. Ability for focus on key deliverables and find solutions to problems, and while guiding the team forward.
Must be culturally sensitive, with preference of previous working experience within a Japanese working environment.
Experience managing Aerospace Supply Chains under pressure and hitting tight deadlines, with exposure to commercial negotiations and contracts preferred.
Must be flexible with working hours to support Japanese working time zone.
Ability to work and reside full time in Seattle, USA mandatory.
If you would like to find out more information, please get in touch or click apply!
EASA, Certification, Aircraft, Structures, Cabin Interiors, Cabin Safety, DOA, Part 21 J, Design, DO160
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's