Landing Gear Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Landing Gear Systems Engineer|
|Salary:||£40 - £42 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Francis Cook|
|Job Published:||May 03, 2018 10:27|
We're working with a leading Aerospace and Defence company to find several Systems Engineers to lead Landing Gear Extension Retraction Systems engineering activities during various aircraft development phases.
You'll be working with ATA32 Development and Avionic Engineers and Airworthiness signatories and interfacing with Landing Gear vendors to ensure the development of integrated technical solutions.
• Technically lead engineering activities covering a broad variety of ATA32 Landing Gear Engineering activities with a focus on Landing gear Extension Retraction Systems, delivering integrated technical solutions both autonomously and by guiding / steering multi-functional teams within the fast-moving and dynamic Landing Gear perimeter.
• Maintain & develop product knowledge across the entire Landing Gear Extension Retraction System component/system perimeter including Control Logic, Landing Gear Hydro mechanical Design, Installation and Integration, presenting a unique opportunity to further develop an expertise Landing Gear Extension Retraction Systems.
• Ensure operational team & vendors deliver solutions right first time meeting safety, performance and reliability requirements
• Provide technical and product leadership to project / task leaders. Mentor, coach and develop others in EL, act as a role model for ATA32 Engineers, Senior and other Principal Engineers.
• Challenge the requirements and ways of working by the Operational team for optimised output
• Ensure all engineering activities are in line with cascaded ATA32 requirements and verified through the V&V plan to demonstrate compliance with applicable airworthiness regulations, design requirements and reliability requirements in line with the relevant Airbus Business Procedures.
• Ensure from your role as the ATA32 Principal Engineer (Landing Gear Extension Retraction System) that the programme teams are able to adhere to budget and schedule for each task providing support to the management and mitigation of risks/opportunities and communication in a timely manner and liaising with specialists as required.
• The candidate is expected to gain and utilize appropriate airworthiness and design technical approval signatory to enable the delivery of key documentation.
If you have experience with:
• Technically managing suppliers/Risk Charing Partners
• V&V activities - working to ARP4754 or equivalent
• System test requirements
• Commercial aircraft certification process
• Design, integration, development and certification of Hydro-Mechanical Systems
• Hydraulic power distribution systems
• Hydraulic equipment design
• Control Logic Design and Avionics
• ARPs, SAEs and ED/DOs
This could be your next role! If you'd like to find out more about the position, please click apply!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's