Lead Manufacturing Engineer
|Job Title:||Lead Manufacturing Engineer|
|Salary:||£0 - £30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Abi Hart|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2018 10:15|
This position would be ideal for a manufacturing engineer with experience in an electronic engineering discipline within the space, aerospace or military sector.
Acting as the main technical Manufacturing interface, you will be accountable for:
• Managing all aspects of New Product Introduction to Manufacturing and Facilities for areas of responsibility, ensuring that all technical, programme and cost issues are executed according to the company standards and customer satisfaction.
• Delivering all Manufacturing Engineering inputs (work instructions, routings, cost models, proposals etc) in line with the business processes.
• Identifying any Manufacturing facility or capability limitations preventing successful project completion and work across the team to resolve the issues.
• Providing manufacturing technical support to problem solving activities including NCRs, IRB/NRBs and Kaizans.
• Identifying operational performance and technical risks through systematic monitors and propose mitigations/resolutions.
• Delivering continuous improvement activities to progress the capabilities of Manufacturing and ensure the ongoing competitivity of the Product Line.
• Champion implementation of Design for Manufacture and Assembly methodologies for New Product Introduction demanding use of standard and qualified processes as much as is possible.
• Implementing / conforming to all Company health, safety, environment and statutory policies within the Manufacturing organisation.
• Implementing the Product Line Manufacturing strategy.
Required experience, skills and qualifications:
• Degree or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience and knowledge of high reliability electronics, surface mount assembly and RF products.
• Familiar with all aspects of the project life cycle from design to production, including formal reviews, programme control, risk management, cost control.
• General awareness of Manufacturing Systems (CAD, CAM, Manufacturing Execution System, SAP, Technical Publications, etc.) relevant to the business.
• Experienced in working within a matrix structure. Demonstrable team-working skillset.
• Proactive, with the proven ability to implement change to the benefit of the business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's