KDC Resource are working with a leading OEM within the Aerospace industry who are seeking a Materials and Process Engineer. This is a contract role and a great opportunity to work for innovative organisation and be involved in extremely exciting projects.
You will be working closely with technical specialists, resource leaders and project contacts in a buzzing team environment all based in Filton, Bristol.
You will be involved in tasks related to the design support & development of machining, mechanical fastening & assembly technologies such as: -
· Establishing performance requirements & suitability of new assembly technologies
· Definition of part/process testing or qualification requirements.
· Support to testing programmes & analysis of test or qualification data
· Generation or updates to M & P design standards & process specifications
· Support to the M & P working groups across sites within Europe
· Providing M & P support other departments within the organisation
· Propose changes to Parts, Materials and Processes in reaction to local quality issues.
· Support the Materials, Processes & Test (MPaT) Assembly team in general administrative tasks.
· Degree level qualification in materials or mechanical engineering.
· 5 years industrial experience in a materials related discipline.
· Application of analytical & test methods used for evaluation of materials & processes.
· A basic background in stressing methods.
· Knowledge of material and process specifications used in commercial aircraft.
· Facilitation skills for leading problem solving and risk analysis.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and working with and independently from a team.
· Must be fluent in written and spoken English, and available to travel to other sites to support project needs if required.
· Knowledge of fastening Systems & material treatments preferable.
Click apply now or call Holly direct on 01202 596374.