RF Design Engineer
|Job Title:||RF Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Clark|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2019 08:54|
Our Christchurch-based, global client has just been awarded a contract for the design and development of a range of operational training electronic warfare pods by the MoD on behalf of NATO! They are in need of a permanent RF Design Engineer who will be directly responsible to the Electronics Design Team Lead - Technology, implementing RF Design activities in support of all deliverable products required to satisfy the NATO JEWCS contract.
Your main responsibilities would be:
• Design and develop RF sub-systems for new EW equipment
• Use design expertise to create RF design solutions to EW engineering problems, particularly those relating to operational requirements for Radar Jammers and Simulators for NATO JEWCS.
• Develop and maintain some knowledge of International Radar and Communications equipment types and function to enable solutions to EW engineering problems to be achieved.
• Carry out peer review of designs and technical proposals authored by other engineers from an RF point of view.
• Comply with Cobham Safety Standards
• Maintain positive and constructive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders and customers
You will need:
• Cleared to or have the ability to be cleared to SC
• Good knowledge of current RF technologies - Solid State Amplifiers, high speed switches etc…
• Experience of deriving system level requirements from High Level customer requirements
• Experience of developing, writing and implementing test and verification plans for sub-systems and complete systems.
• Experience in Project life-cycle delivery from bids to operation
• Hands on RF design and simulation software desirable
• Good knowledge of modern RF Test equipment - VNA, RF Power Meter, RF Signal generator, RF Spectrum Analyser
Don't hesitate to apply! Following your application, we can provide more details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's