Senior Control and Automation Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Control and Automation Engineer|
|Salary:||£40000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Abi Hart|
|Job Published:||March 21, 2018 17:08|
KDC are working closely with a leading maritime company who are looking for a Senior Control and Automation Engineer to join their team in Bournemouth, Dorset, on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for the development of control and automation solutions to support Handling System and Electric Drive technology. With specific interest in submarine and surface ship handling systems, electric drives and supportive technology, this post will play a key role within this highly dynamic, innovative and speculative domain.
• Designing and Commissioning complex Control Automation Systems in the Industrial or Defence environment.
Highly desirable is knowledge and experience of:
• Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
• Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs)
• Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems
• Knowledge and experience of Distributive Control Systems (DCS)
• An understanding and experience of high power electric drive technologies in industrial applications
• A formal qualification to first degree standard (2.1) in an electronic engineering, software, computer science or similar discipline
• Ideally an MSc in Automation & Control (or closely related subject)
• Chartered status or aspiration to work towards Chartered Status (IET)
• A high / expert level of professional experience in the field of control systems and or electric drive technologies
• Good discipline in the application of engineering practices and quality procedures
• Expert knowledge on the configuration and integration of electric drives and motor control
• A high level of understanding of electronic design and development.
• The successful candidate will be expected be able to demonstrate expert technical problems solving abilities, be a proactive team member and technical expert meeting the teams aims in seeking solutions to complex technical challenges.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's