KDC are currently seeking an Head of Software for one of the Top 3 European Space Companies and around 2,800 employees work on the some the most important Space programs of our time in Germany and other EU countries.
In this position you shall become the technically responsible Systems Engineer for the Focal Plane Systems of one of our Earth Observation or Science projects.
- Elaboration, development and accommodation of technical baseline solutions on the basis of customer requirements and budgets.
- Technical coordination of a multidiscipline engineering team with the focus on an the following output:
- Focal Plane Architecture Definition and Justification
- Interface Concepts and Definition
- Development Logic Definition
- Coordination of related performance analysis
- Select and define the system design and to reflect it into the relevant technical design, requirement and performance documentation.
- Ensure design integrity, perform requirements analysis and design integration as answer to customer specifications.
- Ensure proper flow-down and allocation of lower level subs-system requirements and budgets and maintain them up to date during the program lifetime.
- Lead the engineering team effort for design trade-offs between disciplines such as thermal, structural, mechanical, optical, electrical, etc.
- Lead Focal Plane system level integration and verification effort with focus on electro-optical characterization.
- Definition and realization of electro-optical verification set-ups.
- Evaluation of electro-optical data generated by supplier at OHB laboratory.
- Contribute to OHB technology development process in the context of focal planes and detector technology.
- Support technical discussion with the customer.
- Provide and coordinate support to subcontractors selection and control.
- University (TU) or polytechnic degree in Physics or Engineering.
- Organized and structured task approach, experience in technical co-ordination of a multidisciplinary international engineering team.
- 5 years experience as Systems Engineer or Design Responsible for scientific focal plane assemblies and associated technology, ideally for space applications.
- Ideally, experience in the development logic of space projects, as well as significant H / W experience in the phases C and D including electro-optical characterization.
- Experience in engineering economics.
- Organized and structured task approach, experience in technical coordination of a multidisciplinary engineering team.
- Team work, good conceptual, analytical and organizational skills.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, German skills requested over the medium-term.
The client offers a full relocation package where needed with a generous benefits package.
If you’re interested in the role please contact me by applying or calling me on +44 01202 596374.