Senior Materials Engineer (Metals)
|Job Title:||Senior Materials Engineer (Metals)|
|Salary:||£42K-£45K Per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ben Davidson|
|Job Published:||May 08, 2017 16:52|
On behalf of a long standing and important aviation defence manufacturer, we are looking to assist in the appointment of a Senior Materials Engineer (Metals) on a permanent basis.
This is a high value opportunity to work with a tier one aviation manufacturer account, on prestigious and nationally critical projects.
It is an opportunity for an ambitious and high achieving engineer to move into their first formal management role
The role will have 3 direct engineering reports with specialities in a variety of high precision metal fabrication and production processes.
The position will be leading the manufacturing operation for one of the company's most important clients in aerospace working on parts for prestigious legacy aircraft used by air forces internationally.
• The role of the materials team is to determine the methods, machines, tooling and processes required to produce the company's products in an expeditious, economical and safe manner.
• Leading the engineering team to ensure that engineering and production queries are prioritised and completed with urgency and quality
• Experience of amending planning sheets for the manufacture of components to meet customer's requirements. Including the modification of process planning in light of experience, drawing or process changes.
• Estimating type and cost of tooling required for manufacturing components to customers requirements
• Advising on types of equipment required for manufacturing components to meet customer's requirements
• Liaising with customers and subcontractors on technical queries
• Expert knowledge in sheet metals, assembly, fabrications and treatments
• Experience in metallic areas, CNC Routing, CNC Punch, Brake Press, Rubber press, hand forming, Stretch Forming, Heat and Surface treatments.
• CAD proficient
• Experience in Aerospace requirements and specifications including but not limited to: BAE, Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier, Leonardo.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's