Space Control Engineer
|Job Title:||Space Control Engineer|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary Offered|
|Contact Name:||Eugene McIntyre|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2018 17:54|
Specific job responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Development of full control system architecture simulation to investigate trade-offs and inform subsystem requirements.
• Characterise motion and disturbances of payload platform. This will include planning, execution, documentation of tests.
• Aiding in definition, implementation and conduction of test and verification plans for pointing of communication subsystem as well as control of airborne platform.
• Comparison and selection of components, sensors and actuators including supplier management as required.
• Participate in technical reviews
• Experience implementing complex control systems in an aerospace or communications context.
• Relevant practical experience using applicable sensors and hardware (e.g. attitude sensors, Inertial sensors and GNSS), algorithms, actuation systems.
• Space industry experience, and/or experience with high reliability PAT systems.
• Extensive programming experience in MATLAB/SIMULINK, C/C++. Python desirable.
• Strong mathematical ability including pure mathematics, linear algebra, statistics and numerical methods.
• Educated to BSc level (or equivalent) in Control Engineering or related subject.
• Proficient English, positive attitude, self-driven and interested in working in a start-up environment
• Independent, quick learner, can structure and show initiatives to thoroughly evaluate and solve problems from different angles, proactively push progress forward
Desirable additional skills/experience:
• Experience implementing RTOS.
• Experience using Windows and Linux.
• Experience working on Cubesat projects, UAV, HAPS projects.
What they can offer in return:
• They work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.
• You will be making impact early and regularly - build your skills, while drive the technology forward and change the world.
• Bonus and equity for excellent impact
• Options for flexible working hours, (some) working from home
• Travel and training bursaries, as needed
• Gym discounts, cinema half price forever, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many many more!
• The buzzing Harwell Space Campus (the UK future answer to Silicon Valley) with regular events on site (networking, workshops)
Please get in contact!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's