Structures Stress Engineer
|Job Title:||Structures Stress Engineer|
|Salary:||In line with experience|
|Contact Name:||Abi Hart|
|Job Published:||February 28, 2019 09:52|
As a key member of the design team, you will be responsible for:
• Develop load paths and airframe structural configuration layouts, conduct preliminary sizing of airframe structures utilizing metallic and composite materials.
• Conduct airframe structural analysis using hand calculations and/or finite element analysis methods such as NASTRAN for a variety of structure types for typical aircraft load cases.
• Perform structural analysis of primary and secondary structures (e.g., modeling, static, fatigue, damage tolerance, etc.)
• Participate in material allowable development test programs.
• Prepare documentation to support design decisions and to resolve issues.
• Prepare presentations for design reviews, technical meetings, and technical program reviews.
Successful candidates will have the following:
• Bachelors degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or a related field, from an accredited university.
• At least 2 years work experience in the aerospace industry, or a Masters degree in an appropriate field.
• Experience with lightweight aerostructures.
• Familiar with industry standards for the manufacture, repair and assembly of composite components for aerospace would be desirable.
• Experience with analytical software such as FEMAP, PATRAN, NASTRAN, HyperSizer, ABAQUS, MSC ADAMS, Matlab is a plus.
• Experience with 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) package, such as CATIA V5, Solidworks or Unigraphics would be advantageous.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's