KDC are now recruiting for one of the largest clients in the urban air mobility sector. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Compliance Verification Engineer with an expertise in DO-254 to join their team in Germany. If you are looking for a compelling new opportunity and have experience in working with EASA certification, then this could be the role for you.
Our client is an industry leader in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOL). They plan to offer an air taxi service that can save people time by flying them directly to their destination.
This position has surfaced as our client is looking for an experienced electronic hardware engineer / compliance verification engineer to develop electronic hardware components that will run on an eVTOL urban air mobility (UAM) vehicle as well as being responsible for reviewing and releasing certification level documentation. The main focus of the role will be on the practical work with DO-254 and EASA. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience liaising with certification authorities.
- You will define, simulate, design and review safety-critical electronic hardware according to requirement specification
- You will create and review schematics and layout PCBs using electronic design automation software
- You will create and review certification relevant documents and plans according to DO-254
- You will coordinate external development suppliers
- Moreover, you will assist in failure evaluation and calculations
- You will coordinate with external PCA suppliers
- You will be the accountable contact person to the certification authorities
- Degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering or similar
- Detailed knowledge and practical expertise of ARP4754A, DO-254 and DO-160
- Detailed knowledge of certification deliverables according to ARP4754A and DO-254
- Good knowledge about requirements engineering with requirement management tools like Integrity or DOORS
- Experience in digital and analogue schematic design, PCB layout and design verification
- Experience in working in EASA approved Design Organisation (Part21J)
- Experience as Compliance Verification Engineer
- Knowledge of supplier management (in complex developments)
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in aerospace development
- Ideally experienced in Python and C
- Thorough statistical skills and a structured approach
- Good language skills in English
This role includes a full relocation package as well as competitive salary and benefits.
If you want to be part of the exciting journey our client is taking in pioneering the air taxi industry and feel you have the right qualities to aid them in this ambitious undertaking, please do not hesitate to apply.