ATA32 Principal Engineer
|Job Title:||ATA32 Principal Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||May 03, 2019 11:27|
• Lead and undertake braking and steering system engineering development activities to establish system and equipment design requirements, demonstrate the design complies with requirements, delivering integrated technical solutions in line with the appropriate processes and procedures.
• Demonstrate the product meets the applicable airworthiness regulations (with an aim to achieve CVE and ICS signatory of Category A documents)
• Provide project estimates (SoW, Development plans, Man Hours)
• Be the focal point for tasks (Both local and at Aircraft level)
• Manage associated system physical interfaces (Safety, Landing Gear structure, Wheels Tyres and Brakes, ATA29/24/42…etc.)
• Manage the update of associated Development plans, System specifications and Master Schedules
• Provide a continuous improvement mind-set, ensuring that designs, processes and ways-of-working are refined to ensure efficiency whilst also maintaining adequate coverage and the knowledge is captured.
• To define the activities required within a System Development Plan and Statement of Work (SoW) for each task, deriving planning and resource needs.
• To ensure the delivery of the task meets the technical need, following the appropriate Airbus processes and procedures, demonstrating strong requirement adherence and V&V.
• To secure process excellence & continuous improvements.
• To lead and take part in activities to deliver braking and steering system tasks.
• To agree the task priority with task owner.
• To ensure a strong links with all stakeholders, including Vendors, Procurement, Customer Services, FAL as required; communicating task progress and realistic commitments.
• Management and co-ordination of Design Reviews including Process Assurance
• To demonstrate braking and steering system compliance with the applicable regulations (development of CVE and ICS signatory).
• Management of change and configuration
• To seek new Innovative solutions and develop them through R&T
• To provide In-Service Support and ensure the Continued Airworthiness of ATA32 on all programs
• To provide MAP support to the FALs and Flight Test
• To proactively problem solve issues and ensure the maturity of all solutions
As an ATA32 Principal Engineer - Braking and Steering System you must:
• Ensure the delivery of engineering activities to time, cost and quality ensuring right first time integrated & optimized mature solutions that meet program / customer requirements.
• To ensure your tasks are run efficiently & effectively, linking strongly with the affected Vendors, Extended Enterprise and other stakeholders.
• Hold the appropriate design reviews and deliver the required documentation in line with the development plans to the customer.
• Ensure complete validation of requirements and verification of the design and products demonstrated via the appropriate means.
• Increase productivity and efficiency whilst maintaining a high level of safety and quality.
• Contribute to the collection of Lessons Learned, to the capitalization and transfer of the centre's knowledge, capture and deployment of good practices, harmonized processes and Ways of Working, Lean and Change. Propose improvement initiatives (from continuous improvements to disruptive changes) for Capability, Product and Ways of Working
• Protect the Airbus IP through patents
For more information please call 01202596370
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Frankfurt am Main
Dependent on Experience
Principle Design Engineer
£45000 - £50000 per annum
RF & Electronic Hardware Engineer
£40 - £45 per annum
Design Team Lead
Flight Control Law Development - Matlab/Simulink expert
Frankfurt am Main
Dependent on experience