KDC are now recruiting for one of the largest clients in the urban air mobility sector. This is an exciting opportunity for an Avionics Systems Engineer with experience in DO-254 and both preliminary and critical design review to join their team in Germany. If you are looking for a compelling new opportunity and have experience in managing suppliers then this could be the role for you.
Our client is an industry leader in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOL). They plan to offer an air taxi service that can save people time by flying them directly to their destination. They are coming to the end of their development phase and are moving into the production phase with the plan to start mass production by 2023.
This position has surfaced as out client is looking for an experienced systems engineer to join their team in Germany and help with the management of their avionics system component suppliers. You will be responsible for managing the suppliers, performing component design reviews, reviewing design data from the suppliers, and reviewing DO-254 documentation.
The ideal candidate would also have experience working in an EASA approved design organisation as well as some experience with PCB layout and design verification.
- Management of the avionics system components supplier
- Performing the component design reviews (PDR, CDR etc.) with the supplier
- Reviewing the design data generated by the supplier for the complex electronic devices
- Reviewing the process-related documentation generated by the supplier for the complex electronic devices according to DO-254
- Determining and documenting the consistence of the supplier design data (requirements, verification evidence etc.) with the system requirements
- Work closely with specialists in a multidisciplinary team
- Degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering or similar
- Detailed knowledge and practical expertise of ARP4754A, DO-254 and DO-160
- Detailed knowledge of certification deliverables according to ARP4754A and DO-254
- Good knowledge about requirements engineering with requirement management tools like Integrity or DOORS
- Experience of working with the supplier for the "build to specification" development for the aircraft systems
- Experience in digital and analog schematic design, PCB layout and design verification
- Experience in working in EASA approved Design Organisation (Part21J) is preferable
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in aerospace development
- Thorough analytical skills and a structured approach
This role includes a full relocation package as well as competitive salary and benefits.
If you want to be part of the exciting journey our client is taking in pioneering the air taxi industry and feel you have the right qualities to aid them in this ambitious undertaking, please do not hesitate to apply.