KDC are now recruiting for one of the largest clients in the urban air mobility sector. This is an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager with experience with Research and Development phases to join their team in Germany. If you are looking for a compelling new opportunity and have project management experience in battery production, prototyping or another similar industry then this could be the opportunityfor you.
Our client is an industry leader in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOL). They plan to offer an air taxi service that can save people time by flying them directly to their destination. They are coming to the end of their development phase and are moving into the production phase with the plan to start mass production by 2023.
This position has surfaced as our client is looking for an experience Project manager to join their team in Germany and help develop a production line of batteries. You will be responsible for developing an industrialization concept for a battery manufacturing line as well as managing the set up for a full production line of batteries. Working very closely with research and development teams, you will be responsible for the project budget and constant review of the project progress.
The ideal candidate would have a strong background in project management and the research and development phases of production. Previous battery or prototyping to serial productions experience would be beneficial but not essential.
- Develop an industrialization concept for a battery manufacturing line / strategic plan
- Set up a manufacturing strategy for batteries including the sample production
- Management of setting up the production line of batteries
- Develop launch plan to match production milestones with design milestones
- Preparation of the project management including the preparation of cost and time schedules
- Creation and updating of the necessary project documentation
- Aligning with design and purchasing in the early phase to ensure manufacturability for the product bill of material (BOM), including timing and cost.
- Responsibility for the project budget and constant review of the project progress
- Development and improvement of existing technologies and equipment with the project team
- Close technical coordination with R&D and production
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical/industrial engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in complex manufacturing and proven leadership in manufacturing organizations
- Worked in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work well with cross-functional team
- Curious, technically educated, and with a strong business background battery manufacturing experience is considered to be a huge advantage
- Excellent English both spoken and written
- Well-organized and result-driven
- Good technological comprehension, strong communication skills, ability to deal with conflict, openness and flexible thinking, and enthusiasm
- Startup and growth company experience is an advantage
- Successful track record of the leading product, process, equipment development projects in prototype and production factories
- Experience with evolving products, processes, and equipment from prototype scales to production scales in a fast-growing environment ideally in the automotive industry
This role includes a full relocation package as well as competitive salary and benefits.
If you want to be part of the exciting journey our client is taking in pioneering the air taxi industry and feel you have the right qualities to aid them in this ambitious undertaking, please do not hesitate to apply.