CAD Technician / Draught Person
|Job Title:||CAD Technician / Draught Person|
|Salary:||In line with experience|
|Contact Name:||Fraser Dawson|
|Job Published:||September 07, 2018 12:03|
KDC are currently working closely with a Leading Manufacturer of Precision Machined Components, Fabrications, Assemblies and Kit Sets for multiple industries including Aerospace, Marine, and Sea Systems.
We are currently seeking someone who can provide drawings to support the engineering function and comfortable liaising with different engineering departments within the business.
The successful person will have the opportunity to add value to the company in the following areas:
• Produce detailed 2D dimensional stage drawings and 3D models to aid manufacture.
• Revise and update existing drawings reflecting changes by the Customer, Job Controller or Manufacturing Departments to ensure consistent documentation of projects.
• Review plans, specifications and other Customer documentation if requested.
• Design fixtures to aid manufacture working in conjunction with the engineers on the shop floor.
• Maintain notes on design, tooling and other documentation (drawings, bill of materials, calculations etc.)
• To provide documentation to allow shop personnel to complete their respective operation(s).
• Other tasks to be performed as assigned by Engineering Manager.
• Solid / Surface modelling and drawing skills to recognized ISO standards, preferably using Pro-E/Creo 4
• In-depth knowledge of engineering processes, materials and treatments.
• Good understand of G, D & T and be able to produce drawings and models efficiently and accurately to ISO and ASME Y14.5 Geometric Tolerancing.
• Must have a strong passion for product and process excellence and customer satisfaction.
• Proficient in standard Microsoft office software applications.
• Able to work within a team and on their own.
• Security Clearance to SC' level but not essential.
• Understanding of lathes and 3 to 5 axis machine tool manufacturing methods
Please get in contact through the methods shown!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's