Composite Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Composite Design Engineer|
|Salary:||In line with experience|
|Contact Name:||Abi Hart|
|Job Published:||October 23, 2018 17:00|
You will be responsible for undertaking design tasks and projects using computer aided design and, where required, PLM data management tools, incorporating solutions that satisfy design to cost and design for manufacture best practice.
Key tasks will include to:
• Develop production ready designs that meet the customer requirement specification.
• Ensure all design and project activity is carried out to Company procedures or overriding customer requirements.
• When directed to be the project owner you will be responsible for design file management, project resource management, project schedule adherence and project budget management.
• Provide timely engineering responses to Technical Queries.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and ensure that the Engineering process is adhered to.
• Prepare technical proposals and quotations under the direction of the Engineering Manager.
• Support design data related import and export requests for the Data Control department to both suppliers and customers.
Required skills and experience:
• Relevant Engineering further education or equivalent experience and further professional training.
• Proven design engineering experience using a relevant design tool.
• Good understanding of 3D CAD software (preferably CATIA V5).
• Working knowledge of typical design office procedures.
• Understanding of composite materials and the ability to generate design solutions to meet technical specifications.
• The technical capability to provide design led input to engineering review meetings.
• A good level of computer literacy in MS Office software.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's