Composite Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Composite Design Engineer|
|Salary:||In line with experience|
|Contact Name:||Abi Hart|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2019 16:14|
As a key member of the design team, you will be responsible for:
• Performing airframe structural configuration layout and detail design including structural layouts, preliminary sizing, joint layouts and part design, utilizing composite and metallic materials.
• Generating CAD models and drawings at top assembly and component levels. Translation of design specification requirements into conceptual models is a primary requirement of the position, with respect to construction of the product to meet interface boundaries, weight targets, cost targets and structural integrity. Ability to create parametric product geometry models desired.
• Working with Senior Design Engineering and Analysts for iterative evaluation of designs.
• Coordinating with Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality Control and other departments as required to take the design from conception to production.
• Preparing documentation to support design decisions and to resolve issues. Preparing presentations for design reviews. Assisting the project engineer in preparing for technical interchange meetings and technical program reviews.
Successful candidates will have the following:
• Bachelors degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or related field from an accredited university.
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in the aerospace industry, composite manufacturing or related field.
• Experience with CATIA V5 with a focus on Generative Surface Design, Part Design and Assemblies. Experience in Unigraphics or Pro-E will be considered based on supporting background.
• Experience with CATIA V5 CPD (Composite Part Design) and/or FiberSIM is highly advantageous.
• Desirable experience with the composite part detail process, including composites stacking sequence lamination theory, honeycomb core, bonded assemblies, manufacturing assembly and fabrication processes, post-cure machining operations.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's