Composite Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Composite Design Engineer|
|Salary:||In line with experience|
|Contact Name:||Abi Hart|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2019 14:05|
You will be responsible for undertaking design tasks using computer aided design and PLM data management tools, incorporating solutions that satisfy design to cost and design for manufacture best practice.
• Develop designs into a production ready product that meets the requirement specification. Liaise with internal stakeholders and ensure that the Engineering process is adhered to.
• Prepare technical proposals and quotations under the direction of the Technical Director.
• Ensuring all design activity is carried out to Company procedures or overriding customer requirements. Ensure project conformity to requirements.
• When directed to be Project owner you will be responsible for design file management, project resource management, project schedule adherence, project budget management. Provide monthly reports to the Technical Director on project performance. Technical Query management and hold design reviews.
• Support design data related import and export requests for the data department to both suppliers and customers.
• Relevant Engineering further education or equivalent experience and further professional training
• Minimum of 2 years design engineering experience in Aerospace, Defence or Marine industries
• Good understanding of CATIA V5 CAD and design office procedures
• Knowledge of composite materials and ability to generate design solutions to meet technical specifications under the direction of a senior design engineer
• Ability to write reports and provide design led input to engineering review meetings
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's