Cost Estimator Manufacturing
|Job Title:||Cost Estimator Manufacturing|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2019 09:35|
As part of the UK costing team, you will be responsible for building cost estimates. The focus will be mainly on Wing for Recurring cost activities and Non-Recurring activities for all current and future programmes.
The main activities will include:
• Produce cost estimates for Wing Work packages against a set of criteria and assumptions, using and developing a variety of costing methodologies, tools and processes
• Be accountable for the integrity and consistency of the cost estimates
• Support the procurement negotiations
After a first training period, the job holder will be autonomous in estimating and representing FCCAW in front of procurement and suppliers and the Brexit team. As well as using personal experience to estimate costs, the role will require analysis and understanding of previously captured costing data and how those metrics can be applied in the future costing activities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
• Good product knowledge
• Knowledge of Jigs and Tools used for Wing manufacture
• Knowledge of design and manufacturing processes for Wing WP
• IT - Knowledge of design tools
• IT - Knowledge of Production and design tools PDM-link, SAP)
• Cost estimate experience is an advantage, but training will be given
• Project management experience would be an advantage
Please note, you must have the right to work in the EU.