Customer Application Engineer
KDC are looking for a Customer application Engineer
to join a rapidly growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry.
They have customers across the world, ranging from universities and space agencies to commercial organisations and start-ups, their core technologies enable their customers to develop and operate space-based systems and services faster, cheaper, and more reliably. Innovation is at the heart of what they do, and it is the team which drives that innovation.Summary
We are looking for a Software Engineer with excellent people skills to focus on ensuring that customers get the most from their products. You will act as a trusted advisor to the customers and as a customer advocate within the company. This is a new position, so there is real scope for the right candidate to define and grow this role, bringing in your own skills and ideas. We expect you will take on a broad range of responsibilities such as:
Essential technical skills
- Gaining and maintaining expert-level knowledge of our products
- Handling technical support requests and managing our help desk system and forums
- Shaping the delivery of user documentation, tutorials, training material and our customer portal
- Contributing to pre-sales material such as blog posts, white papers and FAQs
- Representing the company at trade shows and conferences
- Acting as a ‘customer voice’ or advocate within the activities of the company
- Taking responsibility for the overall ‘customer journey’.
Desirable technical skills
- Software development skills, preferably using the C language (however training can be provided)
- The ability to communicate technical concepts including in technical writing
- A strong appreciation for good software engineering practices
- Experience in technical support and training.
- Given the potential breadth of this role, there are many additional skills which could be a bonus. As a starting point, we think that the following skills would be valuable
- An interest in the space industry, especially in the rapidly moving “New Space” sector
- Knowledge of, or exposure to, space systems in either a commercial or academic context
- Exposure to and experience with Java and/or Python programming.
- Exposure to and experience with real-time embedded systems
- Knowledge of UML and/or other modelling languages
- Experience with model-based engineering and model-based tools.
- A fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business pushing boundaries in the space industry.
- Flexible working based around core hours and options to work remotely or from one of our offices, enabling you to create your ideal work life balance.
- 36 days paid holiday per annum.
- 6% employer pension contribution.
- Company Sick Pay and Long-Term Sickness cover.
- Life Insurance.
- As a member of the team, you would have a stake in the business through our Employee Benefit Trust which owns 16% of our business.
- Opportunities for international travel (post-COVID) for exhibitions and trade shows.
- Investment in you and your skill development and the opportunity to attend relevant events and conferences to aid career / skill development.
- Company events and regular activities for social engagement and team building.
- An open, supportive, inclusive environment where you can explore your ideas and make a big difference to the product and business.