The role will be based in Newport with the possibility of travel to customer premises (predominantly national but also limited international).
The Cyber Defence Solution Architect will be a point of contact for technical design, transition and 3rd line support is provided for project teams (internal, external and international) and be responsible for ensuring that:
• the Cyber Defence capability is realised throughout all phases of a project or programme from inception to disposal;
• Architecture & Designs are to be created in accordance with the service design coordination process, aligning with the service strategy and service transition processes;
• Other projects resources (fulfilling Design and Transtion Roles) are managed in accordance with the function & project;
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
• Working within a SOC (Security Operations Centre), SIEM solution design & integration, working as a senior/lead solution architect within an MSSP (Managed Security Services Provider) organization on Cybersecurity Solutions;
• Experience of designing full technical service frameworks (not just providing support) to include costing of service design transition and operations;
• Requirements Analysis, technical services delivery, third-line support of SOC environments, Consultancy services on security solutions;
• Supporting Bids (RFI/RFP/RFQ) etc. through writing submissions with bid team;
• Performing Analysis of business requirements and the creation of service design packages, supporting discussions with external, internal and international stakeholders up to and including Director Level;
• Designing management information systems and toolsets related to each environment;
• The continual service improvement of new and existing technology and management architectures;
• At least five years in working in an Architect or Design role within an MSSP organisation, with at least two as lead / SDA;
• At least two years working on specific SOC/SIEM platforms (such as but not limited to Splunk, LogRythm, Alienvault, Intel/McAfee, AlertLogic, RSA, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic);
Previous career experience gained in:
- a Cyber Defence Analyst or Forensics role;
- a Senior/Lead roles in one or more of: , *NIX Architecture & Design Administration, Windows Server Families; Information Security (UK CESG/MoD); Endpoint Protection.
A professional level of education or experience in another company, preferably also industry/professional/UK government security qualifications (in particular UK CCP, CISMP,CISSP, CCNP,MCSE, ITIL, ISO Audit).
For more information please get in touch or click apply!