KDC are looking for an SC Cleared Electrical Design Engineer for our client:
Who is a systems design and manufacturing company that specialises in the protection of electronic equipment in harsh environments.
- To undertake in an efficient and cost-effective manner, activities described in procedures for Design and Design Control.
- To undertake technical activities associated with the Electrical/Electronic design products.
- Ensure the company's Electrical/Electronic design and development objectives are achieved when contributing to product and project activities
- Electrical/Electronic design of products in accordance with customer and legislative requirements and our internal procedures.
- Ensure the company's product design and development requirements are met in terms of quality (accuracy), programme (on time) and cost (within budget).
- Maintain the appropriate professional standards on projects and provide guidance and support to other Engineers and employees on all matters relating to Electrical/Electronic design, development, verification, and manufacture to the relevant standards.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of relevant technology and practice with a particular emphasis on Electrical/Electronic Engineering including commercial and rugged equipment.
- Provide technical support to other departments on the design aspects of new business and provide the appropriate documentation when requested
- Undertake concept design and sufficient detail design, and offer guidance thereon, as is necessary to support technical staff allocated to specific projects and product development.
- Provide or obtain estimated prime cost information to enable new tasks and projects to be priced and quoted.
- Management of all activities undertaken, reporting on the technical aspects and resource utilisation achieved.
- To report to management any comments or suggestions which may improve efficiency, safety and cost.
- Identify, justify and implement process improvements to ensure design procedures are cost effective and aligned to business / product requirements.
- Work in Poole site and on occasion at other sites if necessary.
- Appropriate Engineering qualification with 5 years relevant industry experience in Electrical/Electronic design.
- Working knowledge of Electrical/Electronic CAD software, MRP systems and MS Office
- Professional registration desirable (IEng or working towards)
- Active SC Clearance