Electrical Engineering Group Manager
|Job Title:||Electrical Engineering Group Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary Offered|
|Contact Name:||Eugene McIntyre|
|Job Published:||April 30, 2019 10:58|
Our client our looking for this candidate to be based in Tokyo, Japan.
• Manage, establish and maintain electrical group's standard technical processes and approaches.
• Manage, establish and ensure that valid plans are in place to deliver all work related to all projects assigned in the company requiring contributions from the electrical group in accordance with agreed costs/budgets, technical and quality specifications, and schedules.
• Manage, establish and maintain a team level resourcing plan, which captures all work and shows the resources allocated to it. Identifying and managing the training needs, perform regular appraisals for the team and its members.
• Manage and establish group (overheads) budget, for e.g. team training, mentoring, purchases of electrical groups specific software licenses, test equipment etc.
• Assist in the generation of bids and proposals, providing input relating to the electrical group.
• Generate initial work package definitions and descriptions for new projects, to define and agree scope, budget and timescales, with the relevant project manager(s).
• Work with procurement and subcontracts function(s) to select external suppliers, review proposals, agree and award contracts for externally supplied items with the relevant domain(s).
• Work with production and quality assurance functions for efficient production which is high in quality and low in cost.
• Sufficient experience in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Digital and Analogue Electronics):
• Preferably at least 5 years.
• It is not necessary to be a technical expert in the field; however, a high enough level of understanding is required in order to adequately and efficiently make decisions regarding the team and function.
• Experience of managing functional teams and/or projects. e.g. development (design, analysis and verification) of high reliability electrical systems or equipment.
• Knowledge of basic software design (including operating system) / development procedure.
• Experience of writing technical specifications for externally procured electronic units and projects.
• Experience of coordinating with software requirement specifications taking into account of electrical unit specifications.
• Commercial awareness, and an ability to balance and trade technical, programmatic and commercial risks in the context of commercial projects.
• English Language capability TOEIC 800+.
• Experience of developing electrical equipment with MPU (Micro Processing Unit).
• Experience of developing FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) using Verilog-HDL / VHDL.
• Practical knowledge of FMEA (Failure Mechanism and Effects Analysis) / FTA (Failure Tree Analysis).
• Experience of using electrical design tools such as SPICE, Scilab etc.
• Experience in any of the following:
• Digital signal equipment/circuit design and analysis.
• Analogue signal equipment/circuit design and analysis.
• Mixed signal equipment/circuit design and analysis.
If this position is something of interest, please send through your CV and call 01202 596366 to speak to Eugene.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's