Embedded Software Test Engineer
KDC are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Tester
(White Box) to support the mission critical on-board and ground segment software. This is a varied role which will have you working with embedded software engineers, application developers and provides the unique opportunity to get hands on at the test site to see the rocket's critical systems in action.About
The company is Europe's most exciting space company. You will be joining a team developing one of the most innovative, high-tech orbital space launch vehicles in the world, and you'll have the chance to earn an ownership stake in the company.
What you’ll do
The position includes all parts of a traditional software tester’s tasks list. In collaboration with software architect and developers, the focus of the responsibility will be:
What you’ll need
- Write the software test specifications needed to qualify the software
- Making sure all requirements are tracked and documented
- Execute the software tests, primarily white box testing with in-depth code reviews and making changes
- Document all aspects of the tests
- Offer advice on solutions to problems.
- Software Engineering or similar education.
- Experience as a white box testing Software, ideally for both embedded and application software (we primarily work in Embedded C, C++ and Python)
- Experience with mission critical software from either the Space, Transport, Medical or similar industry with strong requirements for quality of the software solution
- Experience with respect to documentation requirements, ideally from a mission critical or for high reliability software.
- Several years of experience in documentation of software tests.
- Being a part of the fast-developing space industry while also owning a stake in the company as it grows.
- A unique opportunity to participate in software team of a space launch vehicle.
- Being part of a larger team of software architects, developers, and tester who all aim at creating high quality solutions.
This role includes a relocation package where needed as well as benefits.
If you want to be part of the exciting journey our client is taking in within the space sector, this role includes a full relocation package as well as benefits. and feel you have the right qualities to aid them in this ambitious undertaking, please do not hesitate to apply.