Engineering Manager - Hydraulic Systems
|Job Title:||Engineering Manager - Hydraulic Systems|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus, car allowance, Medical, share scheme, 28 days holiday + 8bh|
|Contact Name:||Eugene McIntyre|
|Job Published:||September 07, 2018 10:22|
Building Construction Products at Leicester is dedicated to the assembly of small construction machines, typically used on building and construction sites.
As a leading member of the BCP Hydraulic Systems and Controls department, you will be responsible for machine hydraulic systems from concept to production, and service thereafter. You will be the primary UK hydraulic system expert and first point of contact for the machine groups hydraulic input and expertise. You will be involved with and contribute to the hands-on testing and operation of machines. You will have direct interface with the end machine user, production line, and supplier development team. You will be accountable for acceptable system tuning and operation providing continuously increasing levels of efficiency, controllability, and performance to the customer. You will join a global team of highly motivated hydraulic component, systems and controls engineers with deep knowledge and support of machine functionality and development. You will benefit from and contribute to the continuous growth and learning of the larger team.
As an Engineering Manager in Hydraulic Systems, you will lead, coach and motivate a small team to develop collaborative relationships with internal and external customers as well as within the internal teams to achieve goals. Through your leadership you will continue to support and develop an engaged, talented and high performing engineering team as their leader. You will nurture an innovative and continuous improvement culture. You will be able to see obstacles and raise appropriate awareness including taking independent actions to resolve in advance. This includes technical involvement, pace setting and challenging the development path in the interest of quick resolution of issues.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, motivate and develop engineering team
- Deep understanding of fluid power and the application of such to mobile power hydraulic system machines
- Understand and develop requirements, system architecture, components specification and application requirements on multiple products
- Take responsibility for the overall management of key projects and the day-to-day resource issues working in tandem with the engineering managers that support the product groups.
- Lead team to complete objectives in design of new products and maintenance of existing products, components, and systems
- Communicate results and set priorities to global customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Ensure development, validation and test requirements are met for production ready system solutions
- Create relevant drawings and release schematic(s)
- Prepared to travel Globally to support issues as the arise
- Provide technical coaching and troubleshooting in the interest of providing technical solutions in development, production, and field support
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Experience of development and design of fluid power components and systems
- Experience and understanding of taking a product from concept to production utilise FMEA, DVP&R & APQP process
- Established record of achievement, showing improvement in an engineering environment
- Analytical experience with simulation tools of hydraulic systems
- Experience of dealing with problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Reading and understanding drawings and release schematic(s)
- Willing to travel globally
- Understanding of market product cost
- A confident communicator with strong interpersonal, influencing and coaching skills; able to effectively engage with and influence teams, and able to share information in a straight forward and compelling way
- Results-driven, with a can-do attitude and ability to get into the detail when necessary
- Expert industry experience
- Related Bachelors degree
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- Experience of directly or indirectly leading a team
- Previous project management experience
- Working with Creo/auto cad or similar tools.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's