Engineering Manager – Electrical Wiring Interconnect system
KDC are now recruiting for one of the largest clients in the urban air mobility sector. This is an exciting opportunity for an EWIS specialist
with experience managing engineering teams to join an established company in Germany. The ideal candidate would also have experience with supplier management and relevant aerospace standards. Our Client
Our client is an industry leader in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOL). They plan to offer an affordable air taxi service that can save people time by flying them safely to their destination. Our client is looking for a candidate that is passionate about eVTOL technology that will fit in with the brilliant working culture they are developing. The Role
This role has surfaced following a recent company wide structure change. Following the tremendous amount of growth our client has undertaken in the last year, there is now an urgent requirement for a dedicated, experienced manager to lead the EWIS team and drive the company towards achieving its first full eVTOL type certificate next year. Your Responsibilities will include:
- You will ensure the structural analysis and evaluations of team are delivered in time/cost/quality.
- You will manage Team resources with people and assigned budget responsibility.
- You will provide technical and disciplinary leadership to team members.
- You will provide day-to-day guidance, coaching & feedback to the team.
- You will ensure high clarity and spirit within the team.
- You will plan and manage team capacity according to project needs.
- You will collaborate closely with other Engineering Managers and Head of Departments to guarantee best results.
- You will lead the team in optimizations for final product configuration.
- Masters, PhD or equivalent degree in Electrical or similar work experience
- A minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience in EWIS
- Experienced with team management
- Experience in working with aerospace standards as CS23/CS27/SC-VTOL
- Hands on experience with type certification of multiple aircrafts.
- Experienced in aircraft systems qualification according ARP4754, DO-160.
- Experience in designing the bonging grounding system to meet HIRF, EMC/EMI requirements.
- Working with suppliers to identify and develop COTS EWIS components.
- Hands on experience in high voltage system qualification to meet flammability and safety regulations.
- Hands on experience in Fly-by-Light (safety critical Fiber optics).
- Track record of successfully performing light-weight design projects
- Provide clarity through holistic understanding of technology
- Create momentum by inspiring the people
- Find solutions through pragmatic mindset
- A structured way of working, high sense of reliability and accountability
- Team player, self-starter, flexibility
- Very good English language skills (written & spoken)
This role includes a full relocation package as well as competitive salary and benefits.
If you want to be part of the exciting journey our client is taking in pioneering the air taxi industry and feel you have the right qualities to aid them in this ambitious undertaking, please do not hesitate to apply.