Flight Control Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Flight Control Systems Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Rose|
|Job Published:||November 15, 2018 13:51|
The responsible engineer will perform activities related to development and analysis of FCS (Flight Control System) actuation requirements.
The scope of this effort will include interfacing with various other aircraft functional and engineering teams to coordinate and obtain approval for any task assigned, ultimately contributing to flight control system development and certification.
The responsible engineer will be required to:
• Design and test Servo-Hydraulic flight control actuators for fly-by-wire aircraft platform.
• System design, requirements management, systems specifications, interface management, system safety assessment, verification and validation testing, aircraft flight test, and aircraft/system qualification and certification.
• Possess a fundamental understanding of aircraft system development principles, including SAE ARP4754A, SAE ARP4761
• Capture aircraft-level, system-level, and equipment-level requirements, in addition to associated validation evidence using IBM Rational DOORS in accordance with substantiated monitor design details.
• Apply knowledge of certification methodology, regulatory guidance, and industry standards towards design of safety-critical functions
• Define primary and secondary Flight Control System schematics and architecture
• Develop component level requirements derived from top level system requirements
• Perform clean sheet component layouts for Flight Control Systems in support of schematic architecture
• Perform kinematic studies and system performance analysis for powered Flight Control Systems
• Collaborates with the Integrated Product Team to resolve cross functional issues
• Review work performed by others and ensure work is to the highest standard
• Implements Industry best engineering practices (design for manufacturing, design for reliability and design for maintainability)
• Have the ability to generate Flight Controls certification documents in support of design and qualification requirements
• Implement design solutions optimized for cost and weight
• Manages task execution to ensure on-time and on-target completion
• Searches for problem root cause and develop corrective action plans and solutions
• Serves as a primary interface within the Flight Control Systems group to ensure effective communication, coordination, and timely completion of project milestones
• Leads or participates in design / development reviews with management and internal customers; will deliver technical presentations effectively to a diverse and demanding audience
• Investigate and disposition production line build issues and be familiar with Material Review Board processes
For more information click apply!
Keywords: Design, Test, Servo, hydraulic, systems development, SAE ARP4754A, SAE ARP4761, flight control ,system, development, certification, IBM, DOORS, system, performance, analysis, aircraft-level, system-level, equipment-level requirements
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Space Control Engineer
Competitive Salary Offered
In line with experience
Senior Systems Engineer
In line with experience
Avionic Systems Engineer
Engineering Manager - Hydraulic Systems
£50000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus, car allowance, Medical, share scheme, 28 days holiday + 8bh