Fly By Wire System Engineer- Pilot Controls
KDC are now recruiting for one of the largest clients in the urban air mobility sector. This is an exciting opportunity for a FBW Engineer with aerospace experience to join an established eVTOL company in Germany. The ideal candidate would also have experience or knowledge with Verification and validation in aviation. Our Client
Our client is an industry leader in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOL). They plan to offer an air taxi service that can save people time by flying them directly to their destination. Our client is looking for a candidate that is passionate about eVTOL technology that will fit in with the brilliant working culture they are developing. The Role
You are a system engineer experienced in the development of complex systems and you are passionate about making a difference in eVTOL aviation. You have substantial experience in system architecture and requirements engineering and a profound knowledge of the verification and validation aspects in aviation. Within a multi-disciplinary team, you will coordinate between the various teams and systems to ensure a successful certification of the pilot control input. You will shape the future of how pilots control an eVTOL aircraft.
What you’ll need
- Requirements management at flight control level with a focus on pilot controls (including e.g. functional-, safety-, regulatory-, environmental-, human factors, and performance requirements)
- System-level expert for coordination and alignment with various internal departments, flight testing but also certification authorities
- Generation of tests (including safety), drawings, and design specifications
- Coordination and management of external suppliers
- Engineering degree (minimum Bachelor of Science)
- 3 years of professional experience in systems engineering for complex systems Knowledge of aviation regulations and standards is a big plus
- Highly skilled and effective in technical writing and communicating with others
- Experience with systems engineering tools (e.g. DOORS, SysML, etc.)
- Ideally theoretical knowledge about flight testing, flight physics or electrical systems
- Fast-growing high-tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
- The chance to build up new things/projects from scratch
- Personal accountability, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, great team spirit
This role includes a full relocation package as well as benefits.
If you want to be part of the exciting journey our client is taking in pioneering the air taxi industry and feel you have the right qualities to aid them in this ambitious undertaking, please do not hesitate to apply.