- England, Luton
- Permanent / Full Time
We have been operating at the forefront of technological innovation in the Space Industry and notably the satellite communications sector for more than two decades, offering to all stakeholders exemplary systems engineering expertise needed to define, design, develop and operate state-of-the-art solutions and systems. Our specific portfolio of capabilities and technology know-how is being applied across the full spectrum of any space related project, from initial market opportunity sizing and end-user requirements engineering into space, ground, and user segment development, commissioning, and operations. Serving both the commercial and defence domains, we provide unique modular and agile technology development services enhanced by our proof-of-concept demonstrations.
Innovation, horizon scanning, and ingenuity are the guiding principles of all we do for our customers. Working for our client requires dedication, personal motivation, passion, and commitment as we continually seek to improve client outcomes. The excellent results the Company consistently achieves, continues to support our aggressive growth strategy. Our reputation at the personal and team level is outstanding, making our client a great place to work and to develop your career.
Our has a small team designing and developing solutions to program FPGAs for comms applications. Applications can range from R&D prototypes in Free Space Optical (FSO) communications, to data processing within RF comms nodes. We have a heritage in Software Defined Radio (SDR), including developing modems running on compact hardware. We develop mostly in Xilinx Vivado and actively follow new approaches and technologies, ready to adopt them when appropriate.
With increasing demand for these capabilities we are growing the team. With a variety of project topics, sizes and complexity, a flexible, creative yet organised approach to technical work is valued.
Agility in Communications
E.g. to be given an interface specification to drive a device the challenge is to define requirements, analyse and model solutions, determine a design, implement and validate it carefully. Ability to take a ‘systems view’, i.e. to understand the broader context of the FPGA processing, is valued in finding appropriate solutions and meeting client needs.
There are also opportunities for more experienced team members to directly consult with our clients on relevant projects, e.g. to validate others’ data processing and RTL solutions.
• Formulate data processing problems arising from projects, capture requirements.
• Develop data processing models and analyse to determine designs for the FPGA-based solution.
• Implement processing chains in HDL and verify with simulation test benches
• Deploy to development and target hardware and support verification at processor and system level.
• Support adoption of updated processes and tools, support the continuous improvement of quality work with in the team.
Skills, Character and Experience
• 3 – 5 years experience in FPGA development
• Development with VHDL or Verilog
• Implementation of Test Benches and verification through simulation
• Experience with Xilinx Vivado
• Work well within a small and growing team
• Scripting with Python or TCL
• Simulation with Modelsim / Questa
• Synthesis and timing closure
• Embedded Software Development experience (C / C++)
• Experience working with Embedded Linux
• Experience interfacing between software and FPGA
• Experience with Vitis or Petalinux
• Familiarity with Xilinx SoC devices
• Knowledge of Radiation tolerant FPGA design
• Knowledge of Optical communications or 5G standards
• Knowledge of Satellite Communication systems
• Familiarity with revision control systems / DevOps
• Verification with System Verilog, UVM
• Some knowledge / experience of DSP and / or SDR
• Experience of defined system or software development lifecycles, e.g. through ECSS standards.
Agility in Communications
• Competitive salary dependent on skills/experience plus access to a range of Company benefits.