Front End Developer
KDC are looking for a Front-End Developer
to join a fast growing, innovative company that is changing the way that software is developed in the space industry, that have customers across the world.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic software engineer who has a strong focus on great UI design to join the team developing the next generation of spacecraft ground software and software tools.
As a key member of the team, you would be responsible for leading the design and development of the main user interfaces across their product range, from spacecraft ground software to spacecraft simulators and development tooling. You would be responsible for helping to identify user requirements, translating those into a UI design and implementing the UI in a suitable technology. In some cases, you may be working with a designer to support the creation of graphical assets and in layout design.
We are targeting both web-based and desktop UIs and are interested in someone who either has experience with a range of implementation technologies or is interested in learning new skills. As a baseline, we are expecting the primary implementation language to be React/JS, although we are willing to consider alternatives. A working knowledge of Java as well as Python would be useful as these are also used in our back ends and tooling.
What you’ll need
- Experience with UI/UX design concepts and the UI/UX design process for creating user-centred, usable interfaces
- Frontend development skills, ideally demonstrated in a commercial environment
- Experience with both web-orientated and desktop frontend development
- Development and debugging of high-quality code and adherence to best coding practices
- The ability to work in a Linux environment using a range of standard development tools.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, both for internal and external, customer facing, interactions
- Knowledge of, or exposure to, space systems in either a commercial or academic context
- Experience in planning and executing all stages of software engineering, from design to documentation according to a specified development process
- Experience with Java application development
- Experience with React or similar UI framework
- Use of version control systems such as Mercurial and git.
- A fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business pushing boundaries in the space industry.
- Flexible working based around core hours and options to work remotely or from one of the offices, enabling you to create your ideal work life balance.
- 36 days paid holiday per annum.
- 6% employer pension contribution.
- Company Sick Pay and Long-Term Sickness cover.
- Death in Service payment.
- As a member of the team, you would have a stake in the business through the Employee Benefit Trust which owns 16% of the business.
- Opportunities for international travel for exhibitions and trade shows.
- Investment in you and your skill development and the opportunity to attend relevant events and conferences to aid career / skill development.
- Company events and regular activities for social engagement and team building.
- An open, supportive, inclusive environment where you can explore your ideas and make a big difference to the product and business.
If you want to be part of the exciting journey our client is taking in within the space sector and feel you have the right qualities to aid them in this ambitious undertaking, please do not hesitate to apply.