|Job Title:||Industrialisation Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Adam Grange|
|Job Published:||January 24, 2019 17:13|
Our client based in Stevenage are looking for Industrialisation Lead Engineers to join their team.
• This role is primarily to define and steer the industrialisation of production lines for the shop floor (Lean Layout & Processes, Workbenches, Machines, Digitalisation)
• The secondary act of the Lead Engineer is to provide leadership for the production of fully integrated Satellite Telecoms and ENS Products based on robust inputs, processes and procedures for implementation into production.
• As the project focal point, you'll be tasked to define the production schedule, identify opportunities from manufacturing experience and set out daily priorities for the operations teams.
• This is a dynamic and essential role that deals with the daily changes, changing priorities and resolving blocking actions to ensure schedule adherence, yet, maintaining quality and costs.
• Lead and coordinate a team of engineers, offering technical advice and guidance with respect to the flow.
• Liaise with management over manpower and budgets as necessary.
• Drive the ideal that AIT Engineering are the technical authority internally and externally for manufacture.
• Lead industrialisation projects.
• To provide regular feedback to management on current progress, workings and issues on behalf of their team.
• Generic sequence / VBP (IBS) Maintenance (Overall Build for Project) - Process Improvement, Maintenance, Lessons Learned, customisation as required.
• To be the AIT point of contact for the project.
• Manage costs for the project and provide inputs to monthly cost reviews, as well as contributing to Customisation Close Out (CCO).
Skills and Experience Required:
• Ideal candidates will have worked in either Aerospace, mechanical or production engineering
• Appreciation of manufacturing techniques e.g. CFRP, structural bonding or TIG welding, within the aerospace industry.
• Use of Windchill, SAP, P6, IPS, 3D, live or other ERP System.
• Lead Six Sigma projects, Layout definition, and product implementation.
• Driving build quality through review of processes and implementation of improvements.
• Controlling and delivery to budget and schedule.
• Good understanding and detailed experience of mechanical engineering and systems, including: Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement (Green belt).
• Manufacturing experience.
• Experience in an aerospace engineering environment, preferably within the space sector.
• High level mechanical skills.
• Previous aerospace structures and build requirements is a distinct advantage.
For more information please call Adam on 01202 596371