IT Data Technician
Here at KDC we are recruiting for an IT Data Technician for a job working within our busy Aerospace office in Bristol. If you are looking for your next position look no further! Below is a description of the position. Overview
The IT Data Technician will work within the Projects Department supporting the IT Manager and Engineering Departments. The role is primarily located at the Bristol Office with occasional attendance at the Bournemouth Office as required. As an IT Data Technician the position co-ordinates the necessary hardware, software and network configurations required together with coordinating and managing the engineering inputs and reference material supplied by our customers to support our engineering services work. This will require working with the engineering teams and customers on a day-to-day basis and dealing with general requests for network access and tools provided from our customers.
Training will be provided for areas requiring development.
Technologies supported by the IT team include:
- Fixed and Mobile Hardware
- Windows 10
- Office 365
- Active Directory
- Engineering Tools: Catia, FTS, ISAMI, Patran, Nastran and Hyperworks
- Serving as a first point of contact for IT support within the organisation.
- Supporting people whenever they encounter challenges within the IT System.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining software and hardware components within the IT System.
- Ensuring the security of computers in line with Company policy.
- Reviewing and updating technical documentation
- Assisting with the testing of new hardware and software before full-scale installation
- User management within Office 365 AD / Azure AD and on premises AD
- Responsibility for maintaining the integrity and performance of company databases
- Must guarantee that customer and company data is stored securely and optimally
- Informing end users of changes in engineering reference documents.
- First line support for our engineering teams requiring engineering data, tools and requests for access to customers’ networks.
- Compliance with the Company Quality Management System requirements and with all other relevant procedures.
- Support to the continual improvement of Projects processes and procedures.
- Analytical, pragmatic, flexible with demonstrable problem-solving initiative.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and work autonomously in a detail-orientated way.
- Thirst for learning new skills and technologies and as the role will be part of a small team, the candidate must be willing to immerse themselves in a range of technical disciplines and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation with a ‘customer’ (end user) focus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Relevant experience in similar roles will be taken into consideration
If this is for you, please do apply through the methods shown!