KDC are looking for an IT Systems Architect for our client:
Who provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions. They search for new ways to provide customers with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We are looking for an IT Systems Architect with an active SC Clearance to support the Engineering Manager and Delegated Technical Authority in delivering IT systems and products to the submarine build and through-life support programmes. The IT Systems Architect principal engineer will have a working knowledge of the IT marketplace, including products and suppliers and will understand the direction of potential future technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Understand and interpret the user needs, Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and Concept of Use (CONUSE) and be able to derive the technical and functional requirements for specific IT systems.
- Be able to define the systems architecture, components, interfaces, and data to enable the development and production of the component sub-systems.
- Understand and support the flow-down of requirements to suppliers and acceptance of their specific deliverables, ensuring it is captured and recorded appropriately.
- Provide specialist technical support to shipbuilder installation, integration activities and commissioning activities.
- Provide technical guidance to other combat system engineers and support the engineering management team in planning and controlling specialist activities.
What you’ll need:
- Experience with understanding and reporting the programme status for engineering activities.
- Experience in identifying problem areas and implementing recovery plans.
- Professional Registered (CEng or CITP) through a recognised engineering institution such as the BCS or IET.
- Knowledge of IT systems in the defence, maritime or closely linked domain and have a comprehensive understanding of how their own systems and activities interact with the overall platform.
- Knowledge of the complete engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in several phases
- Strong awareness of Product Safety and SHE
- Experience in server operating system administration (Windows and Linux)
- Experience in network switching, routing, and firewalls.
- Network architectures and topologies experience.
- Experience in responding to technical queries and perform troubleshooting investigations where necessary, with full root cause analysis and rectification plan creation.
(Another friendly reminder, this role is applicable only to people that hold active SC clearance)
If you are interested in finding out more, then please click apply.