Junior Project Manager
|Job Title:||Junior Project Manager|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||George Allen|
|Job Published:||January 05, 2021 09:44|
• Plan and schedule opportunities under bidding activity in support of the BD department
• Clearly define project structures and plans, defining the Work Breakdown Structure and Work Packages building on the information generated during the data analysis phase
• Ensure that all customer expectations are understood, managed and delivered.
• Develop plans with stakeholder buy-in and pass to Resource Planner for integration into overall business resource plan.
• Monitor, report and manage the project budget, identifying and taking actions to avoid any negative impact to the declared profit margin. This includes capturing any scope creep and working with the BD team to evaluate potential variations.
• Monitoring of key KPIs to ensure production programme milestones are delivered
• Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
• Implement a continuous improvement of Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) framework across the business for all agreed programmes / projects
• Promote and demonstrate on time, right first-time quality and customer service philosophy across the team and Company
• Promote cross-functional collaboration, especially between Ops, ME, Procurement and BD
• Promote Environmental, Health and Safety awareness across the team and Company
• Engage with stakeholders across the business and with external customers.
• Contribute to and attend various meetings/forums and action agreed commitments
• Implement continuous improvement of Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) framework across the business for all agreed programmes / projects
Quality and Compliance:
• Ensure own projects remain within the programme / project contractual requirements, business objectives and business processes
• Ensure the Programme team is compliant with the required standards, for example that the relevant AS9100 standards and underlying engineering procedures are adhered to
• Drive Continuous Improvement activities in programme / project management and quality at all times using appropriate techniques as required
• Share ideas and improve operations, through recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities to improve quality of delivery
• Support Company with Audits and related actions as required.
• Relevant qualification or equivalent experience in Project Management related subject
• 3 years' Project related experience - engineering related (Defence preferable)
• Compliant with business process and approach
• Excellent communication, team working and problem-solving skills
• Safety-conscious approach to work
• Continuous Improvement, zero defect and customer focused mind-set
• Good commercial skills and awareness; ability to understand contracts and provide an input into contracts where required.
• A good team player with a flexible attitude to work load
• Proven experience in implementation of PLM (or similar) frameworks (Governance)
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's