Lead Optical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Lead Optical Design Engineer|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary Offered|
|Contact Name:||Eugene McIntyre|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2018 08:35|
Specific job responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Integration and demonstration for a laser communication terminal.
• Ownership of design documentation for optical subsystems.
• Aiding in requirements and architecture definition including trade analysis.
• Working with AIT engineer to define and implement assembly and integration procedures for optical subsystems
• Working with AIT engineer to define and implement test procedures for optical subsystems.
• Experience designing and developing optical systems within the space industry, using Zemax with system optimisation (Sequential, non-sequential desirable).
• Experience with optical calibration and alignment, and procedure definition. Opto-mechanical design and analysis for mass constrained systems. Integration of optical systems into products, payloads. Validation and verification of optical systems including testing.
• Understanding of key performance characteristics of laser, receiver for optical communication. Experience with requirements definition and trade-off analysis for optical systems.
• Familiarity/awareness of laser safety, regulations and clean room maintenance.
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in applied optics or Physics (optics) and 3+ years related work experience.
• Positive attitude and, self-driven and interested in working in a start-up environment. Independent, quick learner, can structure and show initiatives to thoroughly evaluate and solve problems from different angles.
Desirable additional skills/experience:
• Hands on lab experience working with IR lasers.
• Experience designing for manufacture.
• Strong focus on delivery.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What they can offer in return:
• They work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.
• You will be making impact early and regularly - build your skills, while drive the technology forward and change the world.
• Bonus and equity for excellent impact
• Options for flexible working hours, (some) working from home
• Travel and training bursaries, as needed
• Gym discounts, cinema half price forever, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many many more!
• The buzzing Harwell Space Campus (the UK future answer to Silicon Valley) with regular events on site (networking, workshops)
Please get in contact!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's