Looking for a new role? Interested in developing your career further working with cutting edge technology and highly skilled engineers? Then this could be the role you’ve been looking for.
As our clients Lead Stress Engineer you will have the chance to take part in CAE activities by carrying out phases of assigned CAE projects. This will involve finite element modelling, results review, hand calculations and steering the design to ensure both structural and occupant safety performance of their products. The role is highly CAE focused, using both Optistruct and RADIOSS in order to provide exceptional engineering solutions. As the lucky candidate you will work closely with all areas of the business in order to ensure the integration of CAE with both physical testing and the wider project team.
- To lead a small team of stress engineers to deliver high quality work in support of development of new product.
- Generate analysis plans, perform hand calculations and create Finite Element Models for a wide range of components and assemblies which meet our clients modelling guidelines across both Optistruct and RADIOSS solvers.
- Working closely with the Design and Development Engineering, Testing & Development and Certification teams, contribute to CAE development of seat structural performance and occupant injury requirements.
- Working closely with the senior simulation engineers during concept, development and validation phases, create analysis plans and contribute to CAE-led design of our clients seat assemblies and components which meet the requirements of (for example) dynamic structural testing, occupant injury performance, static strength and component abuse loading to the relevant EASA, FAA and aircraft OEM specifications.
- Support development and validation, including correlation to test, of FE models across all software packages to support the above objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related scientific field.
- Knowledge of Physical test protocols associated with stress, structural and occupant analysis.
- Appreciation of when to apply different methods of CAE.
- Explicate analysis experience using Radios or equivalent software.
- Topology/Topography optimisation using Optistruct.
- Ability to produce high-quality FE models and reports under minimal supervision.
Key Words: Lead Stress Engineer, Aerospace, Aircraft Seating, CAE, FEM.