KDC are looking for an experienced Lead Test Engineer to join the new state of the art facility to lead the verification and validation of ground systems, including Mission Control System, Mission Planning System, Ground Stations Interface System, Flight dynamics systems and satellite simulator
What you’ll do
- Lead the Verification and validation of ground systems including Mission Control System, Mission Planning System, Ground Stations Interface System, Flight dynamics systems and satellite simulator
- Derive requirements for the ground segment in general and for specific components
- Interface with the external suppliers’ teams, acting as a Product Owner or Technical Officer and provide support to the development team during the ground segment development phase
- Interface with the development team and ground segment teams internally
- Interface with the Mission and Systems teams potentially based at other locations
- Follow the Agile (SCRUM) methodology to ensure implementation of the requirements and maintain the schedule
- Produce and maintain project documentation to good standard including requirements, verification and validation plan, test procedures, test reports, etc.
- Perform verification & validation of the systems with other team members while ensuring requirements are met, including systems tests and simulation campaigns.
- Interface with the Mission Operations team and provide support / training on the ground systems
- Perform maintenance of the ground systems while being the interfacing point between the operations team and the developers to resolve technical issues
What you’ll need
- University degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 4+ years of industry experience in satellite ground systems (for example mission control system, mission planning system) engineering.
- Experience with integration, verification and validation of ground segment
- Knowledge of Satellite operations
- Knowledge of Product life cycle
- Knowledge of C++ and/or Java programming languages.
- Overall knowledge of the main components of a ground segment and how they interact between them.
- Essential team player as well as proactive.
- Excellent communication skills (required to interface with different cultures/nationalities)
- Good reporting skills (for documentation, keeping track of changes, etc)
- Overall understanding/knowledge of space mission design/development and standard milestones.
- Knowledge of Requirements Engineering.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience with Mission Control Systems, preferably based on SCOS-2000.
- Experience with Automation Systems and Mission Planning Systems.
- Experience with Ground Stations/Antenna communications.
- Experience or knowledge of Scrum as being part of development team or Product Owner.
- Knowledge of ECSS
- Basic Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
- Development on Linux systems.
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented, diverse & dynamic international team with cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours in a friendly and supportive environment
- Hybrid working available (dependent on individual role requirements)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)
- Relocation allowance
- Visa sponsorship for employees
- New state of the art office and cleanroom facility
- Regular social events