|Job Title:||Manufacturing Engineer|
|Salary:||In line with experience|
|Contact Name:||Abi Hart|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2019 14:17|
KDC are working with a leading supplier to the Defence industry in Dorset who are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
This position will offer you the opportunity to develop your skills in manufacturing engineering, optimising production performance for a wide range of composite and polymer products and processes.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Provide Manufacturing Information Sheets, route cards, bill of materials and manufacturing specification data in accordance with company standards.
• Develop the most cost effective and efficient solutions that satisfy design to cost and design for manufacture best practice.
• Specify material requirements, define suitable methods of manufacture and identify and implement tooling and equipment.
• Creation of test specifications and manufacture of composite and polymer test samples.
• Develop processes to a production steady state standard that meets specification and design intent.
• Support design and customer reviews and other meetings as required.
• Support Production and Quality Assurance in resolving production problems and non-conformances.
• Utilise Lean Principles to improve the product, process flow, build cycle and waste reduction.
• Train employees on process, applications, and manufacturing specification data.
• Relevant engineering/manufacturing/chemistry qualification and/or equivalent experience
• Specific experience of composite & polymer materials and materials/component processing
• Computer literate, windows based and 3D model-based definition (CATIA v5 preferred)
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Strong problem-solving ability applied through a practical approach
• Continuous Improvement, zero defect and customer focused mind-set
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's