Materials& Process Composite Lead
|Job Title:||Materials& Process Composite Lead|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Rose|
|Job Published:||September 19, 2017 14:30|
KDC are currently working with an exciting and innovative company based in Switzerland, involved in the development and production of a new single engine Helicopter. They are currently looking for a motivated and dynamic Lead Materials and Process Engineer to join the team, providing guidance and mentorship to the Composite Engineers, Test Engineers & Interns.
• Identify all composite topics in close cooperation with Design, Stress & Fatigue, Production, Purchasing and Quality
• Development and management of material, process and handling specifications
• Setup, coordinate and oversee the material qualification tests according to CMH17, CS27 and corresponding ASTM standards
• Monitor and report all ongoing composite activities and budget status to the M&P Team Leader
• Present achieved project results within PDR, CDR and project meetings
• Determination of suitable non-destructive test (NDT) methods
Your qualifications and experience:
• Degree of Studies in Mechanical Engineering/Materials Science with specialization in Composites
• 3 or more years relevant experience, preferably in Aerospace sector
• Strong background in processing of composite materials (Prepreg-Technology, sandwich constructions, vacuum infusion, etc.), particularly within a production environment.
• Furthermore you should have knowledge in joining technology used within the aviation industry (Bolting, Riveting, Bonding, etc.). Experience in Bonding Technologies or a European Adhesive Engineer would be an advantage.
• Experience of interactions with material suppliers and part manufacturers is advantageous
• Good Knowledge of NDT for composite parts
For more information please don't hesitate to get in touch or click apply!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Materials & Process Engineer
£25 - £28 per hour
Engineering Technical Support Lead
Discussed individually, according to experience
Lead Product Assurance Engineer
£38 - £44 per hour
VP/SM - Supply Chain
£8000 - £11000 per month, Benefits: Very Inclusive Benefits Package