£32k Upwards DOE
Norfolk UK (permanent)
KDC are looking for a Mechanical Buyer for our client:
A world-leader in the supply of small/medium calibre gun systems and has been at the forefront of naval gunfire control technology for over 100 years. The company has extensive experience in the design, development and supply of defence products, with a reputation for innovation, quality and through-life support. They are a major supplier of naval equipment to the UK Royal Navy and over 40 other navies internationally, offering unrivalled capability within this market.
We are looking for a Mechanical Buyer to report to the Supply Chain Manager, the Buyer will be responsible for supplier service, quality and cost across a range of commodity codes. The job holder will possess excellent communication skills to enable the development of strong relationships in a professional manner with the supplier and internal customer base.
- Working as part of a wider company team including Programme management, Engineering. QA, Inspection, Stores and Operations.
- Occasional travel to supplier sites both in the UK and rest of the World
- Some unsocial working hours may be required from time to time.
- Working within a strict time, budgetary and quality framework.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of Mechanical suppliers ensuring timely placement of purchase orders, on time delivery and quality performance targets are achieved.
- Responsible for the On-Time, In-Full supply to specification of mechanical parts (Fabrications, Machined parts) allocated to the role
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain and Quality teams to ensure continuous improvement in QDC (Quality, Deliver, Cost) with key suppliers.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Develop supplier plans, conduct supplier reviews, introduce relevant KPIs and implement supplier improvement plans as required.
- Managing cost control as well as cost reduction opportunities through negotiation, design improvement identification and process improvement adoption.
- Develop mutually beneficial supplier relationships at all organisational levels.
- Strong commercial and contractual acumen.
- Experience of buying in an engineering environment
- Understands engineering drawings
- Excellent Interpersonal and influencing skills.
- A positive ‘can do’ approach with an ability to build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and key stakeholders.
- High level of computer literacy to include MS Word and Excel
- Full Driving Licence to drive in the UK.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Team focused.