Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary Offered|
|Contact Name:||Eugene McIntyre|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2018 08:43|
Specific job responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Preliminary and detailed design of payload enclosures, telescope mechanical assemblies, high precision actuation mechanisms for space and airborne environments.
• Design and manufacturing of test equipment, working closely with AIT personnel.
• Clear and concise technical presentation of work to the team and mentoring/teaching of junior staff.
• Planning, completing and documenting validation and qualification testing of new designs.
• Participating in Design Reviews throughout each phase of payload development.
• Design and create technical 3D CAD models and 2D manufacturing drawings.
• Managing and meeting cost and weight targets
• Extensive experience using professional CAD software (Solidwoks, AutoCAD, other). Solidworks preferred.
• Experience developing a thermal optomechanical systems.
• Experience developing mechanical, optomechanical systems for space environments.
• Experience with active and passive TCS hardware.
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline.
Desirable additional skills/experience:
• Experience performing include Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics analysis of designs.
• Experience with Matlab and software. Other programming languages are desirable.
• Knowledge of icing problems in an aerospace context.
• Proven track record of problem solving for thermal systems in an aerospace context.
• Experience using simulation tools one of (ANSYS, CFD, Inventor) to simulate complex thermal and mechanical problems. ANSYS preferred.
• Experience working on Cubesat projects, UAV, HAPS projects.
What they can offer in return:
• They work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.
• You will be making impact early and regularly - build your skills, while drive the technology forward and change the world.
• Bonus and equity for excellent impact
• Options for flexible working hours, (some) working from home
• Travel and training bursaries, as needed
• Gym discounts, cinema half price forever, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many many more!
• The buzzing Harwell Space Campus (the UK future answer to Silicon Valley) with regular events on site (networking, workshops)
Please get in contact!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's