This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and motivated individual to join a rapidly expanding satellite communications company.
We seek a confident and capable person who is keen to jump in and help colleagues wherever needed. We are looking for candidates who are good team players, willing to be flexible and partake in different areas of work, as required.
The successful candidate will take a proactive and creative approach to contribute to on-going projects whilst being able to work under their own initiative.
- Routine operations of one or more ground stations, involving following procedures; methodical reporting and logging, and ensuring systems are performing as required.
- Supporting the development of procedures, tests, and investigations
- Supporting anomaly investigation and resolution processes
- Performing routine and critical real-time operations
- Performing health and performance trend analysis at system and subsystem level.
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline, or have demonstrated experience in a relevant field
- Be able to follow procedures and instructions robustly,
- Be confident to question procedures and processed that may need to be adapt
- Be competent in various computing platforms
- Basic competence in Linux (or similar) operating systems
- Be able operate in a calm, orderly and disciplined manner during high stress situations
- Be able to identify problems and report them in a timely manner
- Be detail orientated and able to work using own initiative with limited supervision, as well as alongside other team members
- Be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Familiarity with scripting or programming
- Experience with Mission Operations support
- Experience of shift work
Based in Cornwall
Must be able to do shift work
If you’re interested in the role and would like to learn more, please contact myself on 01202 596366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org