One of KDC’s clients who is a global leader in the aerospace industry are currently recruiting for a Operational Performance Manager to join the team in Broughton.
The Broughton PET Change and Performance Team directly contributes to the success of the UK Wing Plant Engineering Team & A400M by coordinating and facilitating the robust deliverable and resource planning of activities, understanding the practical, financial and resource implications of decisions and leading the business strategy of the teams. We coordinate project and resource planning, working within the operational teams allowing the team to work efficiently, actively identify programme pain-points and support teams in finding novel solutions to complex challenges.
What you will be doing
You will be the focal point for the team governance, deliverable, resource and financial planning of an engineering team, coordinating with other engineering teams, customers and stakeholders. Additionally, the job holder has responsibility on behalf of the IAW Change leader to support and drive continuous improvement activities within the UK Wing PET & A400M team.
You will have accountability and responsibility for the following points:
- Accountable for maintaining robust and value added financial and resource monitoring, reporting and forecasting streams.
- Responsible for the planning of tasks, deliverables and resources for PET & A400M activities.
- Accountable for the proactive monitoring of activities against plans through the collection and consolidation of data supporting performance indicators, in support of early issue identification and aid in the subsequent resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring that workload and resource solutions are proactively planned and documented (local tools, iBridge etc.) and aligned with governance.
- Responsible for ensuring that financial targets, risks and opportunities are matched and secured with accurately planned workload whilst ensuring that any issues are highlighted to HOE.
- Expedite inputs and outputs for department financial transfers and non-financial deliverables, acting as the first level of escalation.
- Proposal of scenarios and solutions in response to risks, opportunities and issue identification
- Responsible for compilation and presentation of monthly performance review packs to highlight key points to HOE.
- Liaise with LPT’s and Finance Controllers to present financial requirements and budget justifications.
- Act as a focal point for improvement
opportunities and foster new and established improvement methods.
- Support ways of working development
and deployment to manage needs of internal stakeholders including driving digital transformation initiatives to streamline processes and tools
- Launch and Support targeted improvement activities, identify and share best practice and facilitate the effective use of Lean and AOS tools.
- Contribute towards the IAW change and performance strategy, to support ESW in maintaining its continuous improvement mind-set.
You have a strong project management experience and can demonstrate the link between deliverable, resource and financial planning. You will have a wide experience of leading teams in a business context and be able to operate in a fast paced environment with wide ranging stakeholders. You will have experience of supplier management and have a strong ethics and compliance nature. You have strong digital skills with high level Google Suite, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint abilities.
You have strong communication and people skills, able to think on your feet and adapt your behaviour as required. You enjoy networking and engaging with diverse groups of people – operational and senior management. You are an effective listener, and a convincing speaker. You are able to get people on-board with an initiative and get the most out of members of a team.
This is a contract role with the scope to be inside IR35. The duration is for 6 months with the intention to be extended. Hybrid work (3 days on site, 2 working from home)
The hourly rate for this role is £35 per hour Umbrella.
If you’re interested in learning more about the role please apply directly or contact myself on 01202 596374.